Seattle Meet at Bottlehead Headquarters 8/04/2012
Jul 28, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #106 of 188
Agh, reading over all of the posts since my dad and I left... I'm so pumped for this meet! Eeee! :'D

Jul 29, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #107 of 188
Damn, I had the opportunity to go to Seattle this weekend, too bad it wasn't now :frowning2:
If gas wasn't so expensive and I didn't have a friend driving down for the weekend, I would be there in a heartbeat from Vancouver (WA)

Jul 29, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #108 of 188
Damn, I had the opportunity to go to Seattle this weekend, too bad it wasn't now :frowning2:
If gas wasn't so expensive and I didn't have a friend driving down for the weekend, I would be there in a heartbeat from Vancouver (WA)

Bring your friend. It is not too late:D

Jul 29, 2012 at 3:31 AM Post #109 of 188
Jul 29, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #110 of 188
Just one question....How did you manage to schedule this on seafair weekend?:confused:

Jul 29, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #111 of 188
Just picked the first saturday. Real scientific....... I know, and asr was able to make it. August is always a crapshoot.

Jul 30, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #112 of 188
Coming! Looking forward to learning about everyone's gear and to have folks teach me about my own stuff!  

Bringing:
Macbook
Cambridge DacMagic 100
RSA The Raptor
Grado SR225
Audeze LCD-2
Shure SE530s (molded to my ears, though)

Anybody bringing a turntable for my Jack White - 16 saltines 45 rpm single? Haven't listened to it yet, I'm accumulating vinyl for the coming sun burst that's going to wipe out everything digital, or whatever.  

I'm curious to try a Lyr with my LCD-2s - I'm a little concerned the Raptor might still be under powered for these...I feel like the bass impact isn't quite where it should be, seeing as my grados plugged into the same amp produce more low end than the LCD2s sometimes. I otherwise love the Raptor, though.

Jul 30, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #113 of 188
That is great to hear.
o2smile.gif

There are some veteran Head-fiers and Doc B that can help with your questions. We have been doing these meets a long time, learned a thing or two from these meets. Most importantly have fun at these meets. Go and listen to the other rigs and bring your cans. May be surprised what gear sounds great with your cans? And bring some of your own music to try on the other rigs.
And please bring power strips. We may have enough power to go around but you never know what gear is coming. Just my pre-meet ramblings.
Quote:
Coming! Looking forward to learning about everyone's gear and to have folks teach me about my own stuff!  

Jul 30, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #114 of 188
A-Are we gonna get cute little nametags this time? /justcurious

Jeez I'm so excited for this... sounds like there a lot of cool gear coming ;w; Not that I know very much about it yet, but I hope to learn a lot.

Jul 30, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #115 of 188
We are going old school with sticker name tags. But you are welcome to use any name tag from prior meets. A few have a small collection.
Quote:
A-Are we gonna get cute little nametags this time? /justcurious

Jeez I'm so excited for this... sounds like there a lot of cool gear coming ;w; Not that I know very much about it yet, but I hope to learn a lot.

Jul 30, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #116 of 188
Quote:
We are going old school with sticker name tags. But you are welcome to use any name tag from prior meets. A few have a small collection.

Ah, I've only been to two other meets... oh well! Thank goodness drawing is fun.

Jul 30, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #117 of 188
Quote:
Go and listen to the other rigs and bring your cans. May be surprised what gear sounds great with your cans? And bring some of your own music to try on the other rigs.

Excited/scared I'll end up 'needing' something afterward.

So table space will be plentiful enough then?

Jul 30, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #119 of 188
^ nice.. looking forward to listening to the Eximus.

Been talking to Ethan and he has agreed to setting up the following together.

Cavalli Liquid Lightning + Stax SR-007MK1
Liquid Fire + Audeze LCD2
Berkeley Audio Alpha DAC (driving both amps)
Cary CD-306 as a transport ..so bring your CDs!! 

Jul 31, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #120 of 188
I just found out about this meet! Can I still join in on the fun? I live in Bellevue (for carpool coordination) and don't mind driving if needed. I don't have much, but I'm excited to learn about a lot more.

Can bring:

UE TripleFi 10
Sennheiser HD 580
Shure SRH440
NuForce uDAC-2

Maybe:
Pioneer Elite A-35R
I used to listen to the HD580s on this, but I haven't dug it out since I moved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back