Seattle Meet at Bottlehead Headquarters 8/04/2012
Jun 18, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #46 of 188
Quote:
It sounds like you have something cooking in the oven of a different sort.......

If I was younger maybe??????? Just I've been Cheffin' it up a bit much lately. Another kitchen wants my days off, whatever they are. Cool place to be for a minute. Just my busy season. May have a digital based system here soon. Yes Josh I am going that direction, kicking and screaming the whole way......... It is all good!

Jun 18, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #47 of 188
Quote:
Will be good to have you up here again.  I'll probably be driving, so we could coordinate times and meet on the ferry or something.

I'm planning on walking to Bottlehead actually, since anything under 3 miles is walk-able for me. Well, assuming the weather cooperates too.
wink.gif
I'll probably be looking for a ride back to the ferry terminal after the meet though.

Btw, the meet starts at 3 PM? That seems sort of late to start a meet....

Jun 18, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #48 of 188
Man that's awesome that you want to walk it! My family has been hiking every weekend this summer, we did a five mile hike yesterday near Port Ludlow. 

Forget marching up highway 305, it's boring and very noisy. Here's the way I think is shortest, the most interesting and keeps you on sidewalks rather than the side of a busy road full of distracted, texting Bainbridge Is. soccer moms and cyclists hell bent on making that next ferry -

When you get off the boat walk up the first couple turns of the hallway. Most people will be going all the way up the hallway around another bend, to the terminal parking lot. A few people will be going out a glass door on the left before that, that goes down some stairs to where the cars are lined up to get on the boat. Go out that door and down that stair way.Walk up the sidewalk alongside the road where the cars are driving off the boat, to Winslow Way, the major intersection by the police station. Turn left.

Walk on Winslow Way through downtown Winslow. You will come to a fairly major four way stop in a few blocks. This is Madison. Turn right 

Walk up Madison for maybe 1/4 mile or more. You will come to a roundabout. Keep going straight through the roundabout and down Madison, down the hill past the high school and grade school. 

At the bottom of the hill you will see New Brooklyn. Turn left. 

Head up New Brooklyn to Sportsman Club Road, Turn right. There is a nice path on the left side of Sportsman Club Road. Walk it for a few blocks until you see the sign for Sportsman Business Park, which is on the right. Walk into Sportsman Business Park. We are in the first green building with a copper roof on your left.

Jun 18, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #49 of 188
I will be there.  Always looking for an excuse to get out to Bainbridge Island.
I don't think I'll have any new gear for this meet.  Maybe some new tubes for the Lyr.  We'll have to see.

Looks like there will be an HE-500 or two at the meet so far. :)  That's one I've been wanting to hear.
Oh, and Stax.  More Staxen.

And beer.  And coffee.

Jun 19, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #50 of 188
Hammy it is always great to see you. Glad to see you plan to make it.

Jun 19, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #52 of 188
Quote:

I'm planning on walking to Bottlehead actually, since anything under 3 miles is walk-able for me. Well, assuming the weather cooperates too.
wink.gif
I'll probably be looking for a ride back to the ferry terminal after the meet though.

Whatever floats your boat.  And yeah, given that we're talking about ferries, the pun was totally intended. 
wink.gif

Jun 20, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #53 of 188
Quote:

Whatever floats your boat.  And yeah, given that we're talking about ferries, the pun was totally intended. 
wink.gif

Ferries wear boots.  And these boots are made for walking.  :)

Catching the ferry as a walk on and then walking to Bottlehead would be a good plan.  Catching the ferries in a car can be a hassle.  You can be in for a long wait in the car if you don't time it right.  And sometimes you get unlucky and the ferry fills up before you can get on.  Then you have to wait for the next one...  Walk-on is easier, and cheaper.

Jun 26, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #54 of 188
So who has new gear????? KS has got Stax. I'm in the middle of trying to acquire new gear for the meet since I have ipod and ipad. Slowly going digital. Getting into streaming music. Still buying CD's. Getting a bit overwhelmed...

Jun 26, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #56 of 188
But the question would be, are you bringing it in time for people to hear?:p When did you get the 009?

Jun 26, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #57 of 188
Eventually hope to make it to one of these meets!  Work trips have me traveling a lot this year and I've only been in this hobby a year and half so I've missed the past 3 meets.  Maybe it is good thing or I'll end up going ultra-fi like the rest of you 
biggrin.gif

Would love to hear the LCD-3 and Stax one day.  As well as some headphones I haven't experienced such as HD800, K701, T1.  Fun to put an ear to a headphone or other gear we read about everyday in these forums.  Will listening to the Liquid Fire make we want to sell a kidney so that I could have one?  

Added the Decware Zbox tube buffer to my rig and it has added new vitality to my headphone rig.  Really would like to hear how my rig sounds in comparison to some of your rigs.  Maybe put my wallet to ease or make me break out the checkbook.  
W4S DAC-2 > Zbox > V200 > HE-500.  

Get some pointers on DIY projects from the makers of Crack and S.E.X 2.1.   

Maybe see you all in a warm room on a dark, gloomy day in the Fall 
tongue.gif

Jun 26, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #58 of 188
so I assume that means you are going to miss this one. We will see you in the fall then.

Jun 27, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #60 of 188
So are we crashing the Brewery for food and drink or do I have to bring something? Like besides a case of water?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back