Seattle Meet 12/06/14
Dec 6, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #61 of 81
  Well, that'll learn ya to use your creativity and get all important 'n stuff!  
wink_face.gif

I'll keep it cranked down in your honor, well at least for a while anyway…  
atsmile.gif

JJ

Thanks johnjen. It is hard to listen to open back cans at low levels with a high ambient background.
I have a surprise for the next meet I can attend.

Dec 6, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #62 of 81
Also today is the last day to sign up for the "2014 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange." You can search the site for the thread or use the link on my signature to sign up!

Looks like I'm not going to make this one. Looking forward to pictures and impressions!

Dec 6, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #66 of 81
Was all set to go this morning but got sidetracked with my kid's last minute stuff. Hope this turned out well.

Dec 9, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #67 of 81
Just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone for a great event. My first headphone meet of any kind and it was awesome. Loved meeting everyone and checking out some of the gear I've only read about on the pages of this fine site. Special thanks to Big Poppa for setting it up and showing me the ropes.

Dec 10, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #69 of 81
Whoever had the Schitt stacked up high to the brim with the LCD-3 (I think), my wallet hates you, but my ears applaud you.  A lot of great gear at one of the smallest meets I've been to in terms of equipment and members, but never the less just as peachy.  

Dec 10, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #70 of 81
My first meet was at the Frye this year. So now 4 meets and they're all different. Different gear, people, conversations, but always enthusiasts sharing a rewarding hobby (one that is appropriately irrelevant to the mainstream).

Great time again!!!!!

Dec 10, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #71 of 81
  Whoever had the Schitt stacked up high to the brim with the LCD-3 (I think), my wallet hates you, but my ears applaud you.  A lot of great gear at one of the smallest meets I've been to in terms of equipment and members, but never the less just as peachy.  

I do believe I contributed mightily to the anti-gravity threat to your wallet. 
atsmile.gif

It was my Rok and TK277's source equipment, laptop/Gungnir that tempted your ears.

Yeah it was a light turn out.

JJ

Dec 10, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #72 of 81

atsmile.gif

It was my Rok and TK277's source equipment, laptop/Gungnir that tempted your ears.

JJ

The 'Rok is going to be tempting a few wallets.  I expect to see a few 'Roks at future meets.  The LCD-3 is awesome with it.  And the Gungnir did well too.

I had a lot of fun.  The long drive to and from Seattle sometimes makes me a little more wonky than normal.  But I still manage to have fun and hear some new gear.

Dec 10, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #73 of 81

I had a lot of fun.  The long drive to and from Seattle sometimes makes me a little more wonky than normal.  But I still manage to have fun and hear some new gear.

If the next one is a 'meet in the middle' then your drive won't be as bad. Maybe February or March?

Dec 10, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #74 of 81
Thanks for organizing this. Just got into this hobby, and trying out new gears gave a sense of direction of what I want. I wish I could stay longer. I kid you not, I am already making plans on how to incrementally upgrade my gears :) 

Dec 10, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #75 of 81

atsmile.gif

JJ

Holy Schitt, indeed.  Your setup made a huge impression to my ears.  Cake's 'The Distance' is the best I've heard, thus far - absolutely sublime to the max.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back