Seattle Meet 12/06/14
Dec 4, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #46 of 81
Welcome to Seattle. I have been looking for the right DAC pairing with my Mjolnir and have not heard it with the Gungnir yet so I would love to hear it paired. I will definitely look for you at the meet.

Sounds good! Literally. ;p

See you there! I'll bring the Schiit stack.

Dec 4, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #47 of 81
Hi all. Planning to attend my first-ever headphone meetup this weekend and am quite looking forward to it. My gear collection is pretty rudimentary at the moment (see below) but I will drag it along in case anyone's interested in trying any of it out. I'm curious about the logistics of this kind of function - do people put out their gear on tables and then others wander around, look for stuff they're intrigued by and ask to check it out? Is the expectation generally that gear that is present is available to (respectfully, gently, etc) audition? Does one bring their own source material/device around with them or use the owner's? I'm sure it's pretty informal and will be obvious once I get there, but would like to avoid any introductory faux pas. Looking forward to meeting you folks.

-John
Seattle (Ballard to be specific)

DT770-250
AKG551
Sennheiser Momentum
many Bluetooth 'phones tested over the years and given up on
ADL X1 Portable DAC/Amp
Geek Out 1000 USB DAC/Amp
Bifrost Uber DAC
Bottlehead Crack + Speedball kit (arrival imminent)

Dec 4, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #48 of 81
Well I guess I will see you all Saturday!
I can bring my schiit optical modi + magni and ad700s
I do not have a easily portable optical source to bring because my pc is watercooled but if someone else has one then they could listen to the modi + magni

Dec 5, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #49 of 81
It is with great regret that I must say I can not attend after all. I have an "emergency" mastering session for an artist at the last minute. I'll be sure to make it next time. Sorry for that....

Dec 5, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #50 of 81
Hi everyone. This is a special announcement for the upcoming meet tomorrow.

CustomArt is having a set of their custom in-ear monitors available to demo as part of a tour within the USA and they just happen to be in the Seattle area at the moment. With permission from them, I'll be bringing three of their CIEMs to the meet.

http://www.thecustomart.com/
  • Music One: 1 balanced armature per earpiece, €189 or ~$233 USD
  • Music Two: 2 balanced armatures per earpiece, €325 or ~$400 USD
  • Pro330v2: 3 balanced armatures per earpiece, €500 or ~$621 USD

CustomArt is based in Poland, so this will be a great opportunity to get a chance to hear some of their lineup. All of their CIEMs are made entirely of solid silicone, which is pretty rare in the CIEM industry from what I've seen!

Dec 5, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #52 of 81
Newbie to this headphone space, pardon the newbie gears below. I am planning to come, unless there is any last minute family stuff. Stuff that I'll bring:
- Schiit USBModi + Vali
- BD DT 880 600
- Aune T1 MK1 with few tubes
- Superlux 668B with eBay velour pads 

Again I am still new for this kind of meetup, I am in the same boat as  @jbarnhardt regarding logistics. Looking forward to meet you all!

Dec 5, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #53 of 81
  I am bummed. Project schedule will require me to work all weekend.

Don't they know it's the holiday season?  
confused.gif

Besides that, isn't going to meets, indepth research in the latest advances in acoustic technology?

Like going to a seminar or trade show, only more focused…  
dt880smile.png

JJ

Dec 5, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #54 of 81
  Newbie to this headphone space, pardon the newbie gears below. I am planning to come, unless there is any last minute family stuff. Stuff that I'll bring:
- Schiit USBModi + Vali
- BD DT 880 600
- Aune T1 MK1 with few tubes
- Superlux 668B with eBay velour pads 

Again I am still new for this kind of meetup, I am in the same boat as  @jbarnhardt regarding logistics. Looking forward to meet you all!

For logistics:
Bring an extension cord and a power outlet strip.  Extension cord because you can't be sure how close a power outlet will be.  Power strip with extra outlets because there are never enough outlets.
Bring a source (DAC) and music so you can give your amps and headphones something to play.
Can be helpful to bring a favorite CD or even make a burned CDR with your favorite demo tracks.  Some people will have a CD player hooked up.
Most people will likely have a computer as source.  For those setups you generally have to demo with the music they've got on their computer.

I'll be bringing a laptop computer as source with about 1000 albums on the hard drive.

Dec 5, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #55 of 81
  It is with great regret that I must say I can not attend after all. I have an "emergency" mastering session for an artist at the last minute. I'll be sure to make it next time. Sorry for that....

Bummer.  Wonderful though that you're looking to attend a meet.  Looking forward to getting to meet you at a future meet.

Dec 5, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #56 of 81
I will see you all tomorrow, this will be my first time coming to such gathering :D

I'm still very new though to the hi-fi world and my equipment might be a might meh. So tomorrow I'm bringing:

iBasso D-zero (just literally received it)
Sennheiser Momentum (over-ear)
HifiMan RE-400
TTePod T-1E
and a bunch of earphone tips

Dec 5, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #57 of 81

Don't they know it's the holiday season?  
confused.gif

Besides that, isn't going to meets, indepth research in the latest advances in acoustic technology?

Like going to a seminar or trade show, only more focused…  
dt880smile.png

JJ

It's because I invented a new acoustic technology that corporate wants to deploy rapidly that I am in this position.

Dec 6, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #59 of 81
  It's because I invented a new acoustic technology that corporate wants to deploy rapidly that I am in this position.

Well, that'll learn ya to use your creativity and get all important 'n stuff!  
wink_face.gif

I'll keep it cranked down in your honor, well at least for a while anyway…  
atsmile.gif

JJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back