Seattle Meet 12/06/14
Nov 20, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #16 of 81
Well guys.  I found out I will be out of town that weekend.  So, It looks like I will have to wait till next year to attend my first meeting.  I look forward to meeting all of you sometime.

Nov 20, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #18 of 81
Yeah 35th is a major N-S route with easy and direct access from the W-Seattle 'freeway'.
Parking maybe a tad bit tight, especially with a large turn out.

JJ

Nov 20, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #20 of 81
All righty, with permission from OPPO Digital, I'm allowed to bring a beta testing unit of their upcoming HA-2 portable headphone amplifier to the meet!

Bring your Android and/or iOS devices since the HA-2 was made specifically for them. I can provide a 30-pin line-out dock to USB-A, Lightning to USB-A, 30-pin Apple Camera Connection Kit, and a microUSB-microUSB OTG cable for all of your digital output needs. I can also bring a 6.3 mm to 3.5 mm adaptor if you want to try it out with larger headphones since the HA-2 packs a good amount of power in it.

Nov 20, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #21 of 81
Wait... you're thinking if the high point library. Is it High Point or Admiral?

Yes that was my sneaky way to determine which branch it is  
atsmile.gif

http://www.spl.org/locations/southwest-branch
9010 35th Ave SW
Seattle WA 98126

Or is it
http://www.spl.org/locations/high-point-branch
3411 S.W. Raymond St.
Seattle, WA 98126

Or is it yet another branch?
I guess we need 'clarification' from the 'judge'… 
atsmile.gif

JJ

Nov 20, 2014 at 3:39 AM Post #22 of 81
There's a third in the Admiral area lol. I thought it was that one for some reason but seeing the closer proximity of the breakfast place as well as Beveridge Pub, I want to say it's one of the two you linked
Yes that was my sneaky way to determine which branch it is  :atsmile:

http://www.spl.org/locations/southwest-branch
9010 35th Ave SW

Seattle WA 98126

Or is it
http://www.spl.org/locations/high-point-branch
[COLOR=423D3A]3411 S.W. Raymond St.[/COLOR][COLOR=423D3A]
[/COLOR][COLOR=423D3A]Seattle, WA 98126[/COLOR]

Or is it yet another branch?
[COLOR=423D3A]I guess we need 'clarification' from the 'judge'… [/COLOR]:atsmile:

JJ

Nov 20, 2014 at 4:16 AM Post #23 of 81
Of those two the High Point branch has a much bigger parking lot by at least twice.

3411 S.W. Raymond St.
Seattle, WA 98126

JJ

Nov 20, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #24 of 81
it's the Admiral Branch. We have had some great meets there in the past. Parking is OK. It is next door to the Metropolitan Market so it is easy to get something to drink or snack on. Endolyne Joes is by the Vashon Ferry, and the Beveridge is just a few minutes down California. I refer to The Beveridge Place as the "Office" since Curbfeeler and I have discussed so much Head-fi meet details there. Some of you have been there. It is one of the few places to have a beverage, your dog, and any food you want delivered..

Nov 20, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #25 of 81
The Metropolitan market has great Cuban sandwiches but I haven't been there in 6 years lol. There's also Angelina's (sit-in), The Mission (bar and Tex-Med), Benbow, and if you wanna drive down to the beach there's a Hawaiian place on the water (the old Alki Crab & Fish spot). I forget the name of the place just behind the cleaners but they've got great food too. Everything but the Hawaiian place is walking distance.

Nov 20, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #26 of 81
The Metropolitan market has great Cuban sandwiches but I haven't been there in 6 years lol. There's also Angelina's (sit-in), The Mission (bar and Tex-Med), Benbow, and if you wanna drive down to the beach there's a Hawaiian place on the water (the old Alki Crab & Fish spot). I forget the name of the place just behind the cleaners but they've got great food too. Everything but the Hawaiian place is walking distance.

Ah, the Metro Mart also has a really good French dip sandwich with au jus.

I haven't been to Angelina's in a looong time. I used to go there as a kid and order the kid's meal version of their mizithra with browned butter and bow-tie pasta dish.

Nov 20, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #27 of 81
Updated 1st post to clarify

Nov 23, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #28 of 81
Thanks for pulling this together. I'll be there, for what will be my first ever head-fi experience. So thanks in advance for indulging a bunch of questions from a newbie.

Other than a pair of stock HD800s, I don't have much to bring to the party. I don't even own a DAC or an amp at this point! Hence my interest in attending this get together. I'm leaning heavily towards picking up a Ragnarok/Gungnir stack and am very excited to see that this combination may be available for a listen.

What kind of music do people typically bring to these meets? I don't necessarily have any reference material per se, but there are some genres and artists I'm more familiar with than others and it would probably help me figure out my preferences if it was available. So, should I plan on bringing some of my favorites (e.g., Pearl Jam, Radiohead, Elliott Smith), or safe to say that there will already be some similar music onsite?

Cheers,
John

Nov 23, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #29 of 81
John glad you are coming..

Bring your questions. that is the best place to start. Also bring a friend. always better to share your experience. Mostly, bring your gear. you will find out how great it is when you try other gear with it.

You are more then welcome to meet us for breakfast to break the ice and get the ins and outs on the meet.

Also remember to have fun listening to the gear. there is some great gear that comes to the meets. Just be mindful to take care of the gear you will be auditioning.
And we try to keep the meets pretty laid back and pleasant.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back