Seattle Meet 12/06/14
Nov 26, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #31 of 81
  Another newbie question, do people share IEMs?  I have middle of the line Westone and Etymotic, should I bring some sort of wipes in between "sharing".....

Yes, people bring IEMs but not as much as full sized headphones. Usually people will have their own tips to use but if not definitely some kind of wipes for in-between use.

Nov 27, 2014 at 2:34 AM Post #32 of 81
I'm planning on going up to Seattle for this meet.  I'll be there as long as the weather isn't bad.  I have to drive up from Portland.

My new audio toy is a Cavalli Liquid Fire amp.  Unfortunately I'm embarrassingly under-DACed at the moment.  Still using a Schiit Modi.  I've got a Geek Pulse X on order.  But that ain't gonna be here for the meet.  So I've still got the Modi.  Which isn't a fair way to demo the Cavalli.  I know the Cavalli is capable of more with a better DAC.  Oh well.  It all still sounds good.  And I'm enjoying it the way it is for now till I get a better DAC.

My roadmap for what I'm planning for the setup is a better DAC (Pulse X? Gungnir? Yggdrasil? iFi Mini? other?) that ends up pairing well, and a second amp to pair with the Cavalli.  Something like maybe the Ragnarok or Auralic Taurus.  Something more forward and aggressive than the Cavalli.  Something to give me a Yin and Yang of sound signatures.  So I'm in the DAC and amp shopping mode.

Gear I'll be bringing:
Cavalli Liquid Fire
LCD-2 rev 2
HD600
Windows laptop with JRiver Media Center as source
Misc other stuff that I've brought to previous meets

Dec 1, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #34 of 81
  I could probably bring my Cavalli Liquid Gold and Abyss headphones and pair it up with either the Lampizator DSD/Audirvana+ or my Merging Horus/Pyramix worksation.

Yes please do, that would be amazing to audition....

Dec 1, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #35 of 81
I might be able to come to the meet, my gears however are embarassing compared to you people's gear 
tongue_smile.gif

I have:

Sennheiser Momentum
Sennheiser HD558
HiFiMan RE-400 
TTpod T1E (which i might just give to anyone who wants to review it 
biggrin.gif
)

Trying to get a friend or two to come with me who has SE535 or the other one who has SE846

Dec 3, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #37 of 81
I live in MLT and have been really thinking of getting the Sennheiser HD 700's and thought that if one of you had some then I would stop by the meet and say hello!

Dec 3, 2014 at 4:43 AM Post #38 of 81
  I live in MLT and have been really thinking of getting the Sennheiser HD 700's and thought that if one of you had some then I would stop by the meet and say hello!

Please Do

Dec 3, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #40 of 81

I will try to make it with my HD700s, but no promises right now. Depends on my ability to get the grandparents over to watch the kids for long enough.

Dec 3, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #43 of 81
I plan to attend, and hope to resume listening to Stan's LCD2 if he's there. Would like to sample an Alpha Dog and HD 700 also.

Dec 4, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #44 of 81
Arrived in town yesterday! I'll bring my Gungnir and MacBook as previously noted.

I have a Mjolnir and Rev 1 LCD-3 if interested. Haven't driven around a lot, but it's definitely different from MI! I'll try to bring it all.

Dec 4, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #45 of 81
Arrived in town yesterday! I'll bring my Gungnir and MacBook as previously noted.

I have a Mjolnir and Rev 1 LCD-3 if interested. Haven't driven around a lot, but it's definitely different from MI! I'll try to bring it all.

Welcome to Seattle. I have been looking for the right DAC pairing with my Mjolnir and have not heard it with the Gungnir yet so I would love to hear it paired. I will definitely look for you at the meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back