Seattle/Eastside minimeet, anyone?
Oct 24, 2006 at 5:21 PM Post #62 of 81
I'm dorming, second floor McCarty. I got stuck in a wonderful three man room that's designed for 2. Woo! My roommates are cool, so it's not a big deal, but it is cramped.

Oct 28, 2006 at 9:10 PM Post #63 of 81
You got your gears at your dorm? I might go visit sometimes. Haha..
600smile.gif

Oct 28, 2006 at 10:23 PM Post #64 of 81
Yeah, my modest setup is in my dorm. Laptop > Audiophile USB > SR-60's, KSC75's, or ER6i's via Foobar2k with ASIO. Not bad, but could stand for some upgrades soon. Just PM me or IM me or whatever if you want to drop by.

Dec 18, 2006 at 4:02 PM Post #65 of 81
I would love to host a meet at my house any weekend. I am a full time college student so I am free any weekend. I can host as many people as would want to come. Depending on the number of people we can meet at my house or at my store.

The only problem is i live in Bremerton, WA! So that would require a bit of a drive (or ferry ride) for most of you. Let me know your interest....

Dec 18, 2006 at 8:00 PM Post #66 of 81
That might be able to work, I'll definitely look into it. I'm in the Tri-Cities now, and will be until January, but I'll see about after that.

Apr 28, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #67 of 81
After attending the National meet, I'm pumped for something local. C'mon Seattle area Head-Fi'ers - Let's get something going!

I'm willing to drive 'round the water to Pickle's place. I'm also open to starting a meeting somewhere near Seattle. As the weather gets better, we could easily meet at any Eastside park that has power (like Marymoor park). We might be able to make a BBQ afternoon of it as well.

Thoughts? Ideas? Pickle's place?

May 1, 2007 at 5:52 AM Post #68 of 81
ive never been to a meet and have been looking all over the place to find some gear to try out. i would really like it if this happened (before mid june - going to iceland).

One thing ive noticed is that all the japanese restauraunts in bellevue are closed on sundays. if we could raise some money we might be able to rent one out. anyone up for sushi?

May 1, 2007 at 5:56 AM Post #69 of 81
and also the libraries in the area have some smaller spaces that could be used and would be perfect for something like this (quiet) the downtown bellevue library comes to mind.

May 3, 2007 at 7:28 PM Post #71 of 81
Good job mochi. I, too, was considering a library as well. I have a feeling they might be free.

Renting a place likely would not work. I think people in general just need a place to hang out for free. Now, if I'm wrong, that's cool. I would certainly be willing to puay my fair share for an afternoon of headphone goodness.

So maybe the Bellevue library?

May 3, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #72 of 81
EDIT: I just called the Bellevue Library. You can reserve meeting rooms for free. I will stop by tomorrow and see what is available and when.

--------------------

I just checked the City of Bellevue web site's facility rental page. Among other places the city rents out, a 240 sq ft meeting room (occupancy up to 15) at Crossroads Community Center can be rented for $25 per hour.

If we're talking weekends, Sunday is no good for me but Saturday afternoons (between lunch and dinner, 1pm-4pm?) usually work. I'm a little ticked that I missed the national meet and would love to get together. I should be able to bring most of my stuff with me.

Let's set a date and see who can make it. May 26? I think if we can get at least 4 people, then it should work. If we rent a place, I'm willing to pay more than a single share to make a mini-meet happen.

May 4, 2007 at 3:50 AM Post #74 of 81
Great job, team! Smeggy, thanks for the offer as well. I think if the cost is really that affordable, we can all pitch in. I'm willing to put up some bucks myself. I am trying to remember where the room is at Crossroads, but we can get to that later.

For now, I'm in for May 26.

socrates63: let me know how big the room is at the library. If it is larger and free, that might be a great place to start (feel free to pm me as well).

May 4, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #75 of 81
Well if we can agree on a time/date/location we should start advertising in sigs so we can gather a decent group and have a damn good little meet. People around Seattle have been itching for a good meet forever so I'd hate to see this one fizzle and die.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back