Seattle/Eastside minimeet, anyone?
Nov 3, 2005 at 2:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 81

fewtch

Headphoneus Supremus
Been a long time since I've been to any sort of meet, and was wondering if there's anyone east of the lake who'd be interested in hosting a mini-meet. I'd love to be able to, but live in a tiny 2-bedroom condo with enough room for 3 people at best. In fact, I'd have to beg a ride home cuz I don't even own a car. However, I could bring some stuff
smily_headphones1.gif

Interested parties (including interested attendees), pipe up!

Nov 10, 2005 at 2:29 AM Post #2 of 81
I assume by eastside you don't mean Richland Pasco Kennewick area... I'd be interested however 7 hours roundtrip is a bit of a drive.

Nov 13, 2005 at 4:40 PM Post #5 of 81
The prob always seems to be finding someone to host it... doesn't seem to be much interest yet...

Nov 15, 2005 at 11:59 PM Post #6 of 81
How many people have shown interest so far? Just the people in the thread?

If there's no place to meet, we could pitch in a few bucks to come up with the money for a meeting room. I know there's a coffee shop in the Eastside (Jitters) that rents out a meeting room. Outlets are provided. The room is probably big enough for 8-10 people with gear, maybe more.

Nov 16, 2005 at 11:08 PM Post #7 of 81
where in the eastside is this Jitters place? Bellevue?

Nov 17, 2005 at 1:08 AM Post #8 of 81
Jitters Coffee
15010 NE 20th St
Redmond, WA

It's near the Sears store in Overlake, near the 148th Ave exit on 520.

Jan 5, 2006 at 12:39 AM Post #10 of 81
There seems to be little interest at this time... maybe it's been too soon since the last meet. We need to get the movers/shakers involved who usually get these meets rolling.

Jan 5, 2006 at 2:13 AM Post #11 of 81
I'm down, I missed the last meet(s), been too busy at work. I'm getting ready to throw more money at an amp and possibly DAC, so I think its time for a meet
smily_headphones1.gif

This is kind of ironic, I was going to offer to bring my espresso setup, but Jitters' would probably not like me doing that.

Has anyone inquired on the price of the room? My apartment complex just changed management, so I need to inquire if the clubhouse is still available for rent. It was a bit of a pain last time, they don't have any decent tables, so I would have to rent and haul some in if we host it there again.

Mar 26, 2006 at 10:33 PM Post #12 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
There seems to be little interest at this time... maybe it's been too soon since the last meet. We need to get the movers/shakers involved who usually get these meets rolling.

I'm a bit late here, but did you notice that we could barely even rustle up a place for the Headroom meet? I would offer up my condo as a venue, except that ... well, it's a condo. It'd be big enough for a mini-meet (< 10 people), but no more than that. Not very exciting.

Mar 27, 2006 at 10:37 PM Post #13 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy
I work in Redmond, live in Seattle so I'd be interested, though not much to bring. Sadly I can't host either.

If/when we meet, you gotta bring one of your Stax rigs. Pretty please?
biggrin.gif

Mar 28, 2006 at 6:36 AM Post #15 of 81
I'd be interested in coming down to the Seattle area if it was on a Sunday
orphsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back