Seattle/Eastside mini-meet August 14 - Information
Aug 3, 2004 at 3:59 AM Post #31 of 73
What can I say, but guilty as charged.

Hope you guys have a great time, wish I could be there. Especially after reading about the food, oh well there will be a next time I'm sure.

Aug 3, 2004 at 5:42 AM Post #32 of 73
I'm for either grilled food or pasta. But personally, I'd rather have BOTH
biggrin.gif

Aug 4, 2004 at 3:02 PM Post #33 of 73
Wow, food too! You Washington guys really throw a party!
I will be happy with either choice.
What should I bring, foodwise?

Aug 4, 2004 at 11:58 PM Post #35 of 73
Any Singlepower amp owners going to be joining in on the fun?

Aug 5, 2004 at 3:59 PM Post #36 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by md01
I'm good with whatever food is there. What about refreshments? I'll be willing to pick some up. Coke, pepsi, water, etc?

Would you rather bring stuff or just have me pick everything up from costco down the street and I can leave out a jar for anyone who wants to contribute?

Right now I'm planning on some sausages and some chicken kebabs, is anyone vegetarian?

Aug 5, 2004 at 5:54 PM Post #38 of 73
Hey! I'm a big n00b, and I'm going to ask a few stupid questions. This is the first meet I've seen on here, are the meets just to check out people's set ups? Also, if I have no audio equipment to contribute, can I still come? I've been looking for an amp on a budget, and was thinking about the Headsave Classic, so it would be good to talk to people and get some advice. Thanks!

Aug 5, 2004 at 6:35 PM Post #39 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by TiredNinja
Hey! I'm a big n00b, and I'm going to ask a few stupid questions. This is the first meet I've seen on here, are the meets just to check out people's set ups? Also, if I have no audio equipment to contribute, can I still come? I've been looking for an amp on a budget, and was thinking about the Headsave Classic, so it would be good to talk to people and get some advice. Thanks!

The meetings are all about finding out the next piece of gear you need to empty your wallet on, so come on by
wink.gif
The only required thing to bring is a few of your favorite cds to audition.

In terms of amps on a budget, I have a mid-low end meta42 (around $75, AD8620, panasonic pot&caps, xicon 1% resistors) you could check out, it should be pretty similar in cost and sound to a pimeta.

Aug 5, 2004 at 6:39 PM Post #40 of 73
Also, if anyone has extra parts they're interested in trading/selling, etc, you might want to bring them. I plan to bring out my spare parts box with a bunch of misc stuff. I have about 15 extra switchcraft 1/4" jacks, digikey sent me a bag instead of a single piece, can't remember what else off-hand.

Aug 6, 2004 at 2:21 PM Post #43 of 73
Sounds like a tip jar to help pay for the food is a good idea to me.

And a parts swap meet kinda thing would also be very cool. I have some stuff I could bring for that.

Aug 6, 2004 at 4:23 PM Post #44 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by patricklang
Would you rather bring stuff or just have me pick everything up from costco down the street and I can leave out a jar for anyone who wants to contribute?

Right now I'm planning on some sausages and some chicken kebabs, is anyone vegetarian?

Tip jar will works for me, sounds like a good plan.

Aug 6, 2004 at 6:58 PM Post #45 of 73
This meet should be alot of fun, I'm looking forward to it. I've e-mailed several people in Vancouver about it, and am pending responses from some.

Trevor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back