Seattle/Eastside mini-meet August 14 - Information
Jul 23, 2004 at 6:43 PM Post #16 of 73
yeah heh its a lodge! essentially ... with a kitchen even ... looks nice .. thanks again patrick for hooking us up. yeah bring as many people as you can.... pick some up off the street even ... ... err Sir Sir .. you like headphones? ...uhmmm yeah i guess .... then come with me ... i know where you belong !!! pick up some babes on your way over too if you dont mind. ... ehhhmmm .. im bored ... ooo conan o brien's on ...

Jul 24, 2004 at 4:05 PM Post #17 of 73
No can do for me.
frown.gif
Leaving on the 9th to visit Hong Kong. Luckily, the Hong Kong guys are hosting a meet too.
evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2004 at 6:34 AM Post #19 of 73
Doug,

Any chance of leaving the MS pro or HP1 here?

MD01:

Looks like you have some great gear! Please bring it all. I'm quite excited to hear the HR2, and ACK!

biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2004 at 7:46 AM Post #20 of 73
Alright, it turns out we're leaving for the Caymans on the morning of the 14th (it's the only flight that weekend -- seriously!)
frown.gif

Unfortunately, I can't leave the electrostats with someone to take to the meet in lieu of my presence -- the setup needs to be done just so or the amp could be seriously damaged.

Therefore, I'm going to suggest a pre-meet meet
biggrin.gif
If someone can provide a venue the weekend before, I could probably convince the parental units to let me duck out of the weekend trip up to Canada (to be honest, I'd love an excuse -- the area around our condo is hot, horribly dusty, and a serious construction zone during the summer) and bring the rig for a Weekend of Non-Stop Hi-Fi Fun
very_evil_smiley.gif

Failing that, you guys are more than welcome to contact me privately if you want to hear my gear (and definitely more than welcome if you've got some cool gear yourself that I'd like to hear!)
orphsmile.gif

Jul 25, 2004 at 8:42 AM Post #21 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrevorNetwork
Doug,

Any chance of leaving the MS pro or HP1 here?

Sure, I was planning on doing that anyway since the guys in Hong Kong seem to have the HP-1 anyway [and the R10 as well mind you ... excited to hear that!]. I'll leave them with xtreme, but since hes kind of a dufus, I'm gonna charge you with the responsibility of keeping an eye on them during the meet.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 25, 2004 at 10:05 AM Post #22 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteeleBlayde
I'll leave them with xtreme, but since hes kind of a dufus, I'm gonna charge you with the responsibility of keeping an eye on them during the meet.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Fack You Man!

-reference from engrish.com : http://www.engrish.com/detail.php?im...ate=2000-08-29

Yeah I Agree Eric, if anyone wants to listen to the electrostats .. they should come a day early for a mini-meet.

Jul 28, 2004 at 4:59 AM Post #23 of 73
I think I'm going to head up to this thing. I'm looking to purchase an amp in the coming months and it would be nice to audition a few.
biggrin.gif
I have a friend that lives up in Tacoma so I'll probably crash at his place Friday night. I can bring my A900's, Shure E2's, and Sony Eggos if anyone wants me to. If anyone wants to hear a stock EMU 1212m I can bring my computer as well. I'll probably bring my A900's regardless though for auditioning purposes. I have one question though, will anyone from Larocco Audio be there? I thought that they were based in Seattle so I was just wondering if they were going to make an appearance. I'm still really interested in the Pocket Reference and I'd like to hear one now that the pots are in and they got the hissing situation under control.

Jul 28, 2004 at 8:28 AM Post #24 of 73
yeah man bring your puter ... wouldnt mind listening to it ..

Jul 30, 2004 at 2:46 PM Post #25 of 73
I should be able to make it to this meet. Sounds like there will be plenty of CD3000's there, so I will bring CD 1700's and MDR-F1's, a super cheap ($50)DVD that is tweaked (fun to compare to more $ gear), and a class A buffer/amp.

Jul 30, 2004 at 5:49 PM Post #27 of 73
heh

Aug 2, 2004 at 8:34 PM Post #28 of 73
Will update the gear list this evening. I've been pretty busy this last week with other stuff, I just got married and am busy working out apartment stuff and furniture with my lovely wife
smily_headphones1.gif

Let's start a quick poll to decide what to cook, post back with your prefs and we'll work something out. Here's the first few things off the top of my head for stuff thats cheap & easy for a group

grillables (bratwurst, steak, chicken, etc)
italian (I do fresh pasta, basically anything)

Aug 2, 2004 at 8:45 PM Post #29 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by patricklang
Will update the gear list this evening. I've been pretty busy this last week with other stuff, I just got married and am busy working out apartment stuff and furniture with my lovely wife
smily_headphones1.gif

Let's start a quick poll to decide what to cook, post back with your prefs and we'll work something out. Here's the first few things off the top of my head for stuff thats cheap & easy for a group

Boy, I'm missing this meet to attend a kid's b-day party sigh...........

Aug 3, 2004 at 2:33 AM Post #30 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Watchdog
Boy, I'm missing this meet to attend a kid's b-day party sigh...........

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTRO?!!!! What?? really ... ? your letting yourself get PWNED !!! to attend a pokemon card player's party? dayummmmm Allen you gotta learn when to say, "no thanks man."

BTW Patrick congrats, on you getting married.

I'm good for both types:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back