Seattle Area Meet (Red Hook Meet)
Jul 13, 2010 at 1:14 AM Post #166 of 247
Since my my DAC_I finally arrived(it sounds excellent by the way), I'll be bringing the old Zero along in case anyone is interested in hearing it or possibly buying it. I would probably sell it for around $100.

Less than a week
smile_phones.gif

Jul 14, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #167 of 247
I am starting to get my stuff together for the meet. The music I'm bringing will be the best I ever brought. Just picked up Sting's "Symphonicities" and The"Essential" Clash. Have everything from Shabazz Palaces to The Nationals. Listening to the New M.I.A. as I type. The rig has had a steady diet of new music. What music are you guys bringing to the meet?

Jul 14, 2010 at 1:03 AM Post #168 of 247
One my biggest regrets was selling off my CD collection after burning them to FLAC.  Sadly, I'll be bringing my small CD collection consisting of Norah Jones (SACD), Coldplay, and Hope Sandoval.  I have both Sting and Clash on my Cowon as well as the usual suspects: Pink Floyd, REM, Queensryche, Diana Krall, Joni Mitchell.

Also, I've returned my Asgard since I prefer tubes all around, and instead will be bringing a SOHA Jisbos amp which should be at my door step by Friday.

Jul 14, 2010 at 1:08 AM Post #169 of 247
I'll be making a Costco run later this week.  Unless there's any special requests I plan on providing Kirkland bottled water, nachos, pretzels, and energy bars.  Big Poppa, will this be ok with the library?

Jul 14, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #170 of 247
In our room yes. May I suggest some wipes too? There will be some really expensive gear to audition. Are you bringing your Avatar? Mine is staying with MOM. Gabezilla can be a little monster.

Jul 14, 2010 at 1:34 AM Post #171 of 247
Yes.  I'll bring a fresh pack of baby wipes and do hope all can auditioners really wipe the hands before handling the expensive gear.  No, my Avatar and his little brother will be staying with the boss.  My youngest already broke the RS2 which my Avatar is proudly wearing. 

Jul 14, 2010 at 1:38 AM Post #172 of 247
Avatar and a sidekick, you have your hands full! My Avatar has his toys, for now he leaves mine alone.

Jul 14, 2010 at 1:41 AM Post #173 of 247

I have bought a lot of classical and jazz lately. Havent bought too much rock or pop lately. I have been finding the electric guitar quite exhilarating though. Picked up some Jimi Hendrix, Steve Vai, Stevie Ray Vaugham, and Albert King recently and been quite thrilled. Always looking for something new so Ill have to check out what Poppa is bringing.

Jul 14, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #174 of 247
I will bring some Little Jimmy King, Albert King's nephew and some Preston Shannon and Super Chikan. Some good Memphis Blues. I lived there for a bit. Listening to The "Essential" Clash right now. Recorded very well for The Clash.

Jul 14, 2010 at 11:49 AM Post #176 of 247
Spoke with Jason from Schiit and he generously allowed me to keep the Asgard until after the meet.  I'm still returning it,but this should now allow the opportunity for hands on impressions of the amp.

Jul 14, 2010 at 12:16 PM Post #177 of 247
Cool to hear alphaphoenix!  I'm definitely curious to hear that.

Music-wise, I'll dig up some of my classic rock and orchestral pieces.  My D2+ is mostly filled with Jpop and anime or game soundtracks right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back