Seattle Area Meet (Red Hook Meet)
Jul 11, 2010 at 4:31 PM Post #151 of 247
Hi Folks,

I haven't been keeping up on the developments for this event, but it looks like it's shaping up into a really nice one. We've been in the midst of a kind of a summer insanity with lots of company and a new office getting under construction soon. I do plan on coming to Woodinville next Sat. Not sure what all I will be bringing, but at the very least I will bring a Crack headphone amp with Speedball upgrade (we have had a challenge keeping up with demand and I think we are gonna have to build one just for the meet), a S.E.X. amp with MagneQuest iron upgrade, a pair of Paramount 300B amps running a pair of AKG K1000s I just acquired that should be here mid-week, and my Nagra T Audio tape deck with Bottlehead Tube Repro preamp and Tape Project tapes for source material. I have a pair of HD600s with our version of the Cardas cable, and if I talk real nice to tech PB he might show up with his HD800s and some other cans. There might be more stuff if I can get it together, possibly a protoype music server. Great to see that Naveen will be coming, he is one my Poulsbo audiophile neighbors.

Jul 11, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #152 of 247
Was hoping you were going to make it Doc B. Good to hear your plans.

Jul 11, 2010 at 8:11 PM Post #153 of 247
Quote:
I will probably be the only sober person there and I live probably the closest to the meet. Ironic Huh. Serious? Well probably be lucky to even take any time out to listen to the equipment.

I am hoping to attend, so you will not be the only one.  Look on the bright side, after everybody has one too many beers, we may be able to buy some nice equipment for ten cents on the dollar. 
rolleyes.gif
  If I do make it, I may try to bring my Mapletree EAR++ III.  It goes to "11" you know! 
basshead.gif

And, if time permits, I may be having a local "pre-sale" on some affordable gear that I am no longer using.  Keep an eye in the source and amp forums in the next day or two for more information.

--Ken

Jul 11, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #154 of 247
Hey Ken, glad you plan to make it. It does not matter if you drink or not. Just glad you plan to participate. These meets in the Sound give anyone the best opportunity to listen to gear in a very lax environment. Most of the time someone poaches my headphones to listen to other gear. It is all good. Will bring more headphones. If you have questions I'm sure there will be someone there to answer them. Everybody is nice to answer questions. If you need something to make your experience better let me know. That is what I am here for. We try to make these meets fun. Usually we beat expectations
o2smile.gif

Jul 11, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #156 of 247
I think markj is bringing those?

Jul 11, 2010 at 10:24 PM Post #158 of 247
Jul 11, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #159 of 247
This is really starting to shape up to be the best meet yet. Cant wait.

Jul 11, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #160 of 247
Quote:
Hey Ken, glad you plan to make it. It does not matter if you drink or not. Just glad you plan to participate. These meets in the Sound give anyone the best opportunity to listen to gear in a very lax environment. Most of the time someone poaches my headphones to listen to other gear. It is all good. Will bring more headphones. If you have questions I'm sure there will be someone there to answer them. Everybody is nice to answer questions. If you need something to make your experience better let me know. That is what I am here for. We try to make these meets fun. Usually we beat expectations
o2smile.gif

I believe that the last meet that I attended was a Headroom world of Headphones tour in 2002, 2003 or 2004.  I was a total noob, but felt like a kid in the candy store!  Just don't tell anybody that I preferred the Wheatfield amp to Sennheiser's Orpheus. 
wink.gif

--Ken

Jul 12, 2010 at 12:24 PM Post #161 of 247

Quote:
On Saturday morning about 8am I plan to have breakfast at the Brown Bag Cafe http://maps.google.com/maps/place?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:xf_eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=brown+bag+kirkland&fb=1&gl=us&hq=brown+bag&hnear=Kirkland,+WA&cid=14903542029659062792&pcsi=14903542029659062792,1 everyone is welcome. What the hell, lets make the day of it? I will make reservations a day before.

Tempting, but I think I'll probably sleep in and slap together a breakfast at home before heading out.  Awesome idea though.  Thanks!

Jul 12, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #162 of 247
I will be in Woodinville Friday night so I would not have to pack the last minute. xtreme4099 and I will be at breakfast.

Jul 12, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #164 of 247
Should anybody attending to the meet is interested, I'll be selling my HE-5 (no cracks, original box and cable) at my cost of $320.  Price is valid only for head-fiers present at the meet.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back