Seattle Area Meet (Red Hook Meet)
Jul 14, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #181 of 247
Seamaster are you going to help KingStyles carry the BA?

Jul 14, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #182 of 247
Great Griffin, we get to meet the "Master" in Seamaster.

Quote:
I will bring my wife to drive me home after meet
beerchug.gif

Jul 14, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #185 of 247
I will be there!

Jul 14, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #186 of 247
Alright, some of you guys want blues! I'll be bringing master dubs of Robert Cray's False Accusations and Little Hatch's Rock With Me Baby. I might have a few other blues tracks on tape that I can bring along too. We're spending today tuning the rig. The S.E.X. amp will be optimized for low impedance headphones (I'll be happy to share the adjustments that we choose with S.E.X. amp owners at the meet) and of course the Crack is for high impedance cans. I will encourage anyone who wants to try their own headphones in our rigs to pick the right flavor, plug in your cans and have a listen. The only thing I ask in return is that you might let me listen too, so I can continue to build my knowledge of which amp to recommend for a given model of headphones. You can see Audiowize's list of cans above (BTW, Crack was his idea), he will be there with me and will probably fill in some gaps in my rather meager stable. I'll be bringing HD600s, AKG K1000s, and probably some HD 201s and PX-100s as well.

Jul 14, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #187 of 247
I should also mention that I will be there showing off some of the possibilities with Front Panel Express.  I will bring several sample enclosures, as well as milling samples with copper and acrylic.  I have also been pacing around the office packing up quite the goody bag, so be sure to stop by! 

Jul 14, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #190 of 247
I thinking of giving a local deal to anyone who wants to buy anything in my setup or package deal of my setup except for the headphones and future amp. Just pm if curious about something.

Jul 15, 2010 at 3:12 AM Post #191 of 247
I guess we are having an "unofficial" swap meet? Should get real interesting?

Jul 15, 2010 at 11:39 AM Post #192 of 247
Quote:
I guess we are having an "unofficial" swap meet? Should get real interesting?

I have a few smaller, more affordable, pieces of gear (amps and CDP's) that I am not using and will sell if anybody is interested (ads are posted in the respective forums).  Thankfully they are portable and take up almost no space, so they should not get in the way.

--Ken

Jul 15, 2010 at 1:55 PM Post #194 of 247

Quote:
I thinking of giving a local deal to anyone who wants to buy anything in my setup or package deal of my setup except for the headphones and future amp. Just pm if curious about something.

Bleah on the timing of this.  LOL.  I put myself financially in the hole already, but I'm totally curious nonetheless.

Yeah, it is shaping up to be an partly unofficial swap meet.  Definitely interesting, especially for those curious about expanding their inventory.

Jul 15, 2010 at 3:40 PM Post #195 of 247

Quote:
Bleah on the timing of this.  LOL.  I put myself financially in the hole already, but I'm totally curious nonetheless.

Yeah, it is shaping up to be an partly unofficial swap meet.  Definitely interesting, especially for those curious about expanding their inventory.

You know that once your in the hole, it always looks the same regardless how deep it is.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back