Searching for Sweet and Warm IEM for 250$
Dec 15, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #76 of 87

Quote:

I do not doubt it. Everybody seems to enjoy their Hifi-Man products, and there are very nice reviews about the RE-262. I am very impatient to receive one that is properly working.

Considering the big number of users of their products on this forum, I understand that my faulty unit is a bad luck exception, and the silence from the Customer Service response has just been a temporary lapse.

This is good news.  I'm glad it's getting sorted out.  I really love my RE262.

Dec 27, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #77 of 87
Today I have received a new RE-262 in return, and they also sound like crap! They have not been tested before being delivered.
mad.gif

Dec 27, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #81 of 87
[size=medium]After a long time experimenting with all kind of positions and insertions, up to the point of feeling pain, I have found that if I press the base of my ears with one finger, and the IEM with another finger, they sound good!! [/size]

[size=medium]It is a very precise position. The magic is gone as soon as I move the fingers one millimeter or slightly increase or release the pressure.[/size]

[size=medium]So, it seems that the problem is inappropriate sealing. Why I can not get sealing without pressing the base of my ears with the fingers? I do not think that my ears have a “special” shape, because I have been using Shure E3 during few years and I never had a problem with them. They either sound with no bass (medium insertion to the ear canal) or with full bass (complete insertion), but not like “crap”. [/size]

[size=medium]I would like to try other eartips, but I have received a plain RE-262 with no accessories and no box. 
frown.gif
I have claimed to Head Direct and I am waiting for them.
[/size]

[size=medium][size=small]I attach a picture of the E3, as a reference.[/size][/size]

[size=medium][/size]

Dec 27, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #83 of 87
They are bi-flange tips. The only ones that came with the RE-262.

The small cup is around 12mm diam. and the big cup 16mm.

The Shure E3 is 11 mm and gives me perfect seal.

Dec 28, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #84 of 87
I use the big bi-flanges that came with the RE-262. They work best with a shallow insert. I tried triple flanges and they work too, but they need a deeper insert and are scarier.
With the big bi-flanges inserted too deep, they sound like crap. If I use the smaller bi-flanges the soundstage is a lot smaller and bass is lacking.

Dec 28, 2011 at 7:51 PM Post #85 of 87
Today I find it easier to get the right position for a good sound. Has it been an extreme case of burn-in process? Was the membrane stacked, and has been released after playing at extreme volume for few minutes? (I did that with the IEM far from my ears), or is it my ears that have been "re-modeled" after yesterday's prolonged torture?

Honestly, yesterday I was about to give up and start searching for another brand, but now I realize that they deliver as promised.

I hope that Head-Direct will send to me the accessories: cables, ear-tips and box. Again, they are not answering my emails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back