SE535 vs SE530 re. fit
Nov 17, 2010 at 4:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Alec E

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone who found the SE530 to be a tricky fit--I did, with the main telltale being inconsistent soundstage--found the SE535 to be any better in this respect?  

Nov 17, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #3 of 5
i sold my 530's a few years ago because they didnt isolate well for me...the 535's are dramatically better for me because they are a bit smaller but more importantly flatter to the ear creating a better seal with better isolation...love them

Nov 18, 2010 at 2:05 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
i sold my 530's a few years ago because they didnt isolate well for me...the 535's are dramatically better for me because they are a bit smaller but more importantly flatter to the ear creating a better seal with better isolation...love them

Sounds great.  The right 'phone of my 530's wouldn't lay flat against the inside of my ear, for some reason. 

Jul 9, 2011 at 3:24 AM Post #5 of 5
Funnily enough, I have the opposite experience, SE530 fit well, the SE535 is comfy, lies flat on the ear, rather than in the ear, but I can not get a good seal, so no bass (well not very good anyway) and not as good at noise canceling....I have small ears, have to use the smallest olives/foams, but whatever I tried, can not get a good seal with the SE535, which are actually bigger than the SE530, what a shame, need to sort this out, as soundstage and highs are improved....but with the missing bass, it is a bit "in your face" good for calssical stuff and voices, Jazz, acoustic instruments, live recordings are even more live, but the bass is missing.....any solutions for me, except cosmetic sugery?

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back