SE535/SE535LTD Acoustic Filter
Apr 26, 2013 at 5:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

kimvictor

Headphoneus Supremus
Do any one know where I can get a replacement filter for SE535 normal/LTD? I popped mine recently.
I did contact Shure USA, and they said that they don't fix their earphones, but only replace them, and hence, have no replacement parts. They asked me for $83 for replacing the entire left earpiece? WTH? Putting in the filter is as easy as 123, and they can't do that? I'm pissed.
Anyway, it'd be great if anyone could help me out.

Thank You

*If you are looking for SE535LTD filters or something that will turn your SE535 to SE535LTD, look at this tread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/663273/se535-mod-more-sq-improvement-than-cables-dampers

Apr 26, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #3 of 20
Quote:
Well, I don't know for sure, but on the first page of a google search is www.lunashops.co.uk that appears to have that part for $10.

BTW, how do you "pop" the filter? I've had Shure IEMs for nearly 10 years and never had a reason to mess with the filter.

I was cleaning it, and the filter ripped, and I just pulled it out of the Iem once it was ripped. That was with the cleaning tool provided. It doesn't seem like a uncommon problems between audiophiles in Korea.

Apr 27, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #7 of 20
The top wax/debris filter isn't the only one. Gets too etched/hot with the that filter removed. I don't think anything except that wax filter is accessable. The true acoustic filters are further in. Wax filter is easy to remove, very caerfully if you plan to ever return it. Cleaning tool shouldn't reach the wax filter but it's simply pushed in. You could always remove it and play with some foam but I would leave them alone. You don't get more extension, just a bit more amplitude in the presence range and up.

Apr 27, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #8 of 20
Quote:
The top wax/debris filter isn't the only one. Gets too etched/hot with the that filter removed. I don't think anything except that wax filter is accessable. The true acoustic filters are further in so easy to remove, very caerfully if you plan to ever return it. Cleaning tool shouldn't reach the wax filter but it's simply pushed in. You could always remove it and play with some foam but I would leave them alone. You don't get more extension, just a bit more amplitude in the presence range and up.

Wait, so there is another filter besides the wax filter(white one)? I destroyed the wax filter while cleaning with the loop, and the loop was long enough to reach the wax filter. So what do you suggest I do?

Apr 28, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #11 of 20
ive heard of people replacing their filters with the etymotic but never heard anyone say anything about weather or not it changes the sound.

but if the filter is made with a certain material or certain design from shure , then you might not get the same sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back