se535 -> looking for a Bassy amp
Jul 15, 2012 at 10:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

smnfs

New Head-Fier
Hey there im new on here, just got my se535 and i really love bass my music is electronic/minimal/hiphop.
i'm looking for crispy/crunchy heavy bass so could any1 give me an advice which amp is the best for me? 
thx

edit: atm im using an iphone 4s

Jul 15, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #2 of 6
IMO, SE 535s are great, provided you're saving your tracks in a lossless format (i.e. use Apple Lossless or get the FLAC player) you can save your money.

If you are mental :wink: and accept the law of diminishing returns, I wouldn't bother with a separate Amp first, the difference to me is a few %.  I bought a Vorzuge Pure and realised exactly the same conclusion.

The best Audio/$ return is to go beyond the 535s and get some custom IEMs, then buy a better Amp so you get that incre(mental) advantage!

Jul 15, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #3 of 6
Yeh you may not need an amp with the iphone. Just play your music through EQu app or something like that and turn the bass up. I've also got a fiio e17 and that has up to +10db bass boost but I haven't bothered using it with my iphone just my laptop. My se535s sound crap coming out of my laptop without the e17 but sound great from my iphone.

I can understand the need for more bass though and the 535s do respond well to a bass boost and won't sound bloated.

Jul 16, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #5 of 6
i have the se530's and when listening via itunes or ipod/iphone make sure to select "electronic" setting. It boosts the bass and high and vastly improves the sound of mine. I'm sure the se535's are similar sounding

Jul 16, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #6 of 6
I think the bass from the 535ltd with upgraded cables is quite good. I have once heard it through a GoVibe Porta Tube Amp and the bass was thunderous, but yeah it's $1000...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back