SE530 vs. IE7 vs. IE8
Dec 14, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #16 of 22
i dont know about the ie7's or the s530's but i own the ie8's since last week. I am really not liking them. 1st of all i used the cx300II's before ie8,s and i must say for all your portable devices like mobiles and all cx300II's are the best money can buy. As far as the ie8's are concerned im a bit disappointed. I play music on them with my nokia n97 which has a quite good audio output. the ie8's so far have been disappointing me is several ways. The bass is more but its not punchier like the cx300II. secondly the mids are holow and lifeless. Highs can sound good in some songs while they really disappoint in others. rock musics just sounds crap on ie8's. the price tag that the ie8 had i was expecting it to be the best as i experienced with cx300II's but these are much worse than them according to me. i know that u have to burn ie8's to get the full out of it that is what im doing before coming to a final conclusion. I guess the quality depends upon the audio out put as well but why are my cx300 doing well with my phone and the ie8 are not i really dont understand???? ie8s have been burnt for like 20 hrs now and still they sound crap as some cheap headphones. where as the cx300II's on the otherhand rock as hell... really dont know what to do.

Dec 14, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #18 of 22
Yes my dear friend my ie8 were bought from an authorized store and are 100% authentic. the problem what i think of is that may be my cx300II's are a perfect match with my phone which i used with ie8. the ie8 perhaps are not quite picking up the output of the music when connected to my phone. i will compare both to my laptop and then maybe we can come up to a conclusion. actually when ie8's are connected to my Nokia n97 which i think has a great sound out put it i feel they do not pick up the full frequency that my phone ommits while playing music. but let me experiment the ie8 and cx300II on my laptop. will get back with an update shortly.

Dec 15, 2009 at 6:28 AM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My first pair needed 150+ hours to really open up and lose the ultra thick presentation. See here and here. And I do think the IE8 benefits greatly from amping.

That is exactly what i feel... my ie8's have been burned in for like 30hrs or a little less till now (with the normal music in my phone) which means its not even halfway if the 150hrs burning theory is correct. And right now the mid bass is just killing me its like it wants to flow but it trapped in something. The over all bass feels like something is blocking it from streching its wings. the power is there but somehow consoled. lets see after 150hrs if still the situation is the same then that means ie8 are a total waste. But lets hope for the best.

Dec 15, 2009 at 6:40 AM Post #21 of 22
By the way i happened to come accross the fake ie7's as well 2 days before buying the ie8's. it was some random guy claiming them original and selling the ie7 at a half price of their actual retail value. So i got them and when i started listening to them OMG.... that torchure i cant forget my entire life
smily_headphones1.gif
no comments about the sound coze there is no sound... Any ways i knew they are fake the moment i opened the box. so it was a good experience though. I returned them immediately and went for the ie8 from an official retailer... i really hope my ie8's bring their tru colours soon...

Dec 15, 2009 at 1:28 PM Post #22 of 22
See my reply to your other thread. Don't think you need to run two conversations about the same subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back