SE530 TIPS STUCK?...FREEZE THEM!
Mar 17, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #16 of 36
This is still stupid advice from a company that is supposed to be a top name.
Stick them in the fridge....what a load of rubbish,whether it works or not this is crazy advice.
As much as i love my 310/420's this is enough to put me right off ever buying anymore tips,let alone iem's from them!

Mar 17, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #17 of 36
Well i only had the problem the first day so it's no problem. if it were often I would have sent them back.

Mar 18, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #18 of 36
I got my tips off my new SE530s and I was wondering what you guys think about how it looks. One side seems different than the other. But I don't hear any audible difference.

What do you all think?

Mar 18, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #19 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by threeFiftyLi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my tips off my new SE530s and I was wondering what you guys think about how it looks. One side seems different than the other. But I don't hear any audible difference.

What do you all think?

The left nozzle is slightly damaged...

Mar 18, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #21 of 36
i didn't know there was an inner plastic attached to the foam,
i ripped it off ooops...

Mar 24, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #23 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by crossmd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also..the fridge worked for me. Not the freezer, and maybe less damaging?

Probably all the same.
wink.gif

Mar 24, 2009 at 5:03 AM Post #24 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by ibis99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had mine delivered via FedX overnight which means that they sat in an airplane cargo hole at 35000 ft in january. As you may know that's about 0-20 below which is much colder than my freezer.

At 35000 ft the temp would be a lot colder no matter what time of year it is (generally around -56C/-69F) so if fedex,etc doesn't heat their cargo holds... then most shures have been chilled to some extremely cold temperatures during shipping.

Mar 24, 2009 at 5:05 AM Post #25 of 36
For the record, temp specs from the SE530 manual:

Operational temperature -18° C to 57° C (0° F to 135° F)
Storage temperature -29° C to 74° C (-20° F to 165° F)

The standard freezer temperature is 0F (-18C)... so no worries even if you happen to forget they are in the freezer... I just wouldn't go trying to bend the cable after removing them.... nor would i plug them in until they warm up sufficiently and the condensation dries up.

For those living in places like minnesota, canada, etc.... might want to take care about leaving them in the car when the temp drop below 0F.

Mar 24, 2009 at 3:02 PM Post #28 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Plex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At 35000 ft the temp would be a lot colder no matter what time of year it is (generally around -56C/-69F) so if fedex,etc doesn't heat their cargo holds... then most shures have been chilled to some extremely cold temperatures during shipping.

Oddly I think they have to keep the internal temperature somewhat normal. Imagine all the various packages that aren't designed for temps that low?

Wow. didn't know the se530s worked below 0.

Mar 26, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #29 of 36
Mine have arrived tonight and I want to put flanges on....

What do they do, glue them on?
angry_face.gif

They are now in a plastic bag in my trouser pocket. No way they are going in the freezer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back