SE530 TIPS STUCK?...FREEZE THEM!
Mar 26, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #31 of 36
I gave up ... and put them in the freezer for 20 mins.

The black foams had hardened and it was easy to twist them and break the seal. Then they pulled off.

Phew, time for some
ksc75smile.gif

Mar 26, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #32 of 36
Just got new SE530s today. Couldn't get the tips off so tried the freezer method. It did not work for me. So I resorted to cutting off the tips -- very, very carefully.
eek.gif

Mar 28, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #34 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by MegatronRx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some poor guy on this forum ended up breaking the nozzle on his SE530s. I'd cry a bit if that happened to me.

Ya, I broke my nozzle trying to get the damn black foamie off. I sent them back to Shure who then charged me $145 for a new es530's. When they arrived, I had the same problem so I cut them off and called Shure. They told me they were aware of the problem and agreed to send new foamies. I doubt that I will put them on given the issues I have had to date. Shure told me the problem usually ocurrs only on the new es530's the first time you try and remove the foamies. Bull!!!!!!!!!

Take care, those nozzles are plastic and not too difficult to snap.

Apr 8, 2009 at 11:34 AM Post #35 of 36
Got a new pair of SE530 yesturday and had the 'could not remove black foamie' problem. It really is like they're welded on.

Put some clingfilm around them and stuck them in the freezer for 35mins. Hey presto! Much easier to get off.

Sorry to hear it doesn't work for everyone but glad it worked for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back