se530 rubber cable protector loose both sides
Sep 1, 2009 at 2:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

wired00

100+ Head-Fier
I tried searching for other people with this problem but couldn't find here...

I've had my 530's for a while now and they're fine apart from the little flexible rubber cable protectors which sit just at the end of the driver unit with the cable protruding through... Its come loose on both sides. Anyone know how this is originally held in place??? i can't slip/stick it back in no matter what i do... is it super glued? i want to secure it back in but think glue is the only way I can think will work

cheers for any help

Sep 1, 2009 at 2:30 AM Post #2 of 8
How long have you had them and do you have the receipt? If so and if it's less than 2 years, send them in to Shure for a warranty claim. If not, I'd try a little super glue to hold them in place.

Do you remove them from your ears by pulling on the cables or the rubber bits that are now coming free? Just wondering if there was anything you might have been doing that would stress them too much (maybe over a long period of time?) to cause them to come loose.

Good luck!

Sep 1, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjisme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How long have you had them and do you have the receipt? If so and if it's less than 2 years, send them in to Shure for a warranty claim. If not, I'd try a little super glue to hold them in place.

Do you remove them from your ears by pulling on the cables or the rubber bits that are now coming free? Just wondering if there was anything you might have been doing that would stress them too much (maybe over a long period of time?) to cause them to come loose.

Good luck!

Hey mate thanks for the reply

hmm i'm sure they're less than 2 years, maybe 1 year old. Yeah i might try contacting Shure AUS about warranty its just I'm not sure something so trivial as this is worth sending them away, waiting for repair etc etc... My other issue is that I bought from Amazon in US and live in Australia. Not sure if OS warranty is valid etc ?...

Yeah i think for now a tiny careful bit of super glue is the go

Also I'm considering custom reshelling and cabling through
http://www.uniquemelody.org

As for removal, I always take care to remove by the actual driver housing not the cable or rubber cable protector. No idea why it came loose... its wierd too because both sides came loose within weeks of each other. Its as if the original glue deteriorated equally on both sides. I've checked and the rubber is in perfect condition its not torn or damaged in anyway. wierd

Sep 2, 2009 at 7:21 AM Post #4 of 8
I'm sure Shure will take care of you. And just call up and see if the warranty covers that. If not, I'm sure the glue should take care of it. Just don't pull out the monitor that way, I have tried to get out of that habit, because I know it can damage my cable.

Sep 2, 2009 at 7:33 AM Post #5 of 8
I had the same thing happen to me and i also live in AUS.

I bought mine from minidisc.com.au but when i asked JANDS (shure distributor i think) here in AUS, they just asked for the date code on the input jack and then told me to send it to them. Received it back in about 1.5 weeks. As we can see, they didn't ask where i bought it from, so they probably won't with yours either.

Hope that helps
biggrin.gif

May 23, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #6 of 8
very, very old reply. Guess i lost track of this post. but when searching again through the forum for a fix i came across my old post which i'd forgotten about haha.

anyway, cheers for the reply i might contact Shure / JANDS about this ... obviously been a while since i bought now but i'd even considering paying them a bit to fix the problem its still the same until now but i just got used to it.

Jun 28, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #7 of 8
Were you able to get it fixed?  I am having the same problem with my SE530s, which I've had for a few years now. I am considering calling Shure and seeing if I can get it fixed, even if it is for a small cost.

Jun 28, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
Were you able to get it fixed?  I am having the same problem with my SE530s, which I've had for a few years now. I am considering calling Shure and seeing if I can get it fixed, even if it is for a small cost.

Call Shure they WILL take care of you. I had that happen to 4 pairs. DO NOT GLUE, nothing works. I tried some different glues including some state of the art epoxy to no avail, and developed a skin rash as a result. Got the 535's While this was a real pain (the 530's) Customer service has been outstanding. Note; everytime those strain reliefs failed one of the sides cut out a short time thereafter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back