SE530 Disappointment / Alternative Suggestions?
Apr 26, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #31 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by skidu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Finally to anyone who owns the W3 & IE8 - i've read the IE8 has very deep bass and great sound staging but how does the W3 compare? In the UK the W3 work about about £100 more and ideally for that price i would rather get a pair of HD650's - so unless they are substantially better the IE8 looks like the best option atm.

Oh and just to confuse matters futher, how does the IE7 stack up to the IE8 in bass/soundstage (i'm not really too bothered about the midrange)

I own the W3 and the IE8. The W3 cannot compare in terms of soundstage and bass. Bass extends very deep with the IE8, and the soundstage is comparable to big cans. The W3's perform better with imaging. Ever since I got IE8's, I barely listen to the W3's. In the near future, I'm probably going to sell them, or trade for a back up pair of IE8's. This is just my preference. There are many people who prefer the W3's over the IE8's. The IE7's have a smaller soundstage and less bass as compared to the IE8. If your not a basshead, the IE7 will be a better choice. Hope this helps.

Apr 26, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #33 of 67
@ Voltag3, do you not realize that you are quite honestly the most annoying head-fi'er on the board at this moment in time? I think EVERYONE on head-fi realizes how proud you are of your "expensive, shiny se530's," but you need to realize that they're not immaculate. I've listened to them for quite some time & have found many iem's (all of which are less expensive) that have superior sound reproduction to my ears. I've also tried the "mod" that you're so proud of, and honestly, it didnt do too much for me. Now I know that you worship your 530's & cannot possibly understand how anyone could possibly prefer something else, but the more you try to defend your "jewels" while dismissing others' opinions, the more ridiculous you make yourself sound. Just give it a rest dude, the 530's are not that great, and imho, the "immaculate" 3 driver setup from Shure is starting to show it's age in the face of superior multi-driver and single driver technologies from other companies....

Apr 26, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #35 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by jleewach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ Voltag3, do you not realize that you are quite honestly the most annoying head-fi'er on the board at this moment in time? I think EVERYONE on head-fi realizes how proud you are of your "expensive, shiny se530's," but you need to realize that they're not immaculate. I've listened to them for quite some time & have found many iem's (all of which are less expensive) that have superior sound reproduction to my ears. I've also tried the "mod" that you're so proud of, and honestly, it didnt do too much for me. Now I know that you worship your 530's & cannot possibly understand how anyone could possibly prefer something else, but the more you try to defend your "jewels" while dismissing others' opinions, the more ridiculous you make yourself sound. Just give it a rest dude, the 530's are not that great, and imho, the "immaculate" 3 driver setup from Shure is starting to show it's age in the face of superior multi-driver and single driver technologies from other companies....

I love the way my Shure SE530's sound and nothing will change that until about 5 months when I buy some custom IEM's....Westone ES3X's or UE-11's still undecided....I got 5 months to decide though...
biggrin.gif
. I'm in love with midrange and what do ya know the Shure SE530's are unbeatable in that in all of universal IEM's. The bass from the Shure SE530's are tight, deep and punchy also very detailed I couldn't ask for more. The highs are so smooth and detailed...I only hope the custom IEM I purchase puts the Shure SE530's to shame as everyone says because a little improvement wont be no where near enough...
biggrin.gif

Apr 26, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #36 of 67
Mark, there's a difference between being wrong and simply suggesting the same thing to everyone no matter what. He grossly exaggerates the SE530's and spins things to make them seem like they're gods gift to man. A bit single minded? He's the biggest fanboy I've ever seen in any walk of life. He's a detriment to the site because instead of actually considering what the person may want he simply provides false information to try and convert the person over to the SE530's. Even if the person says they hate them or don't like them, he insists they're the best thing ever for them. He spreads propaganda which newbies are likely to think is an actual non biased opinion. I wish he had a forum tag that said biased SE530 fanboy - put me on ignore.

It's long passed the point of being ridiculous.

Apr 26, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #37 of 67
well i cant dissagree with you but i do find alot of truth in the things he says, personally i find the 530 to be the best things ive ever heard but the sound sig isnt going to be for everyone. some like more bass and many like more treble

if the 530 sound sig is what yuor after then he is right, he just seems to think everyone is or should be.

you just know he has a mac and an i phone dont you, its so apple in its "no, really i know what you want better than you do so thats all i'll give you"

Apr 26, 2009 at 6:38 PM Post #38 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zalithian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mark, there's a difference between being wrong and simply suggesting the same thing to everyone no matter what. He grossly exaggerates the SE530's and spins things to make them seem like they're gods gift to man. A bit single minded? He's the biggest fanboy I've ever seen in any walk of life. He's a detriment to the site because instead of actually considering what the person may want he simply provides false information to try and convert the person over to the SE530's. Even if the person says they hate them or don't like them, he insists they're the best thing ever for them. He spreads propaganda which newbies are likely to think is an actual non biased opinion. I wish he had a forum tag that said biased SE530 fanboy - put me on ignore.

It's long passed the point of being ridiculous.

Lol...Got the rock off your chest??? Good job that's the first step of relieving anger just let it out....You can do it...
icon10.gif

Apr 26, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #39 of 67
lol, indeed. oh well. nothing us normal folk can do about it
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't get mad at immature 17 year old fanboys. I feel bad for them.

Anyways, back on topic. IE8's sound like your best bet right now.

Apr 26, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #40 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zalithian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol, indeed. oh well. nothing us normal folk can do about it
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't get mad at immature 17 year old fanboys. I feel bad for them.

I'm puzzled on how you even have an emotion or consideration on someone over the internet. To me internet insults are just funny to read.
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 26, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #42 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Comply T-400s fit the IE8. I modified a stock bi-flange with a Comply under each flange. The isolation is much better than the SE530 with any of the Shure tips.

Nothing isolates better than Shure or Etymotic line except custom earphones. I still find it hard for any earphone to isolate further than my Shure SE530's. What more sound could be possibly blocked out?????...wow...We'll see when I put that custom earphone in my ear and hit play on my Zune 120gb.

Apr 26, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #43 of 67
Voltage, please try other IEMs before you say the 530 are the best ever. When you say they're the best, you have to have something to compare them to. Unfortunately I have read your previous posts, and it seems like you havent heard many IEMs. Therefore, your opinions can only be taken with a grain of salt. Thing is, if someone hasn't read your previous threads, they will unknowingly take your opinions as the truth.

Doesn't it bother you that so many people in this forum dislike your antics? If I were you, I would make an attempt to stop instead of replying with one liners.

Apr 26, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #44 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nothing isolates better than Shure or Etymotic line except custom earphones. I still find it hard for any earphone to isolate further than my Shure SE530's. What more sound could be possibly blocked out?????...wow...We'll see when I put that custom earphone in my ear and hit play on my Zune 120gb.

Try reading post #41 and then have someone else read it aloud to you.

Apr 26, 2009 at 7:38 PM Post #45 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by homers54321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Voltage, please try other IEMs before you say the 530 are the best ever. When you say they're the best, you have to have something to compare them to. Unfortunately I have read your previous posts, and it seems like you havent heard many IEMs. Therefore, your opinions can only be taken with a grain of salt. Thing is, if someone hasn't read your previous threads, they will unknowingly take your opinions as the truth.

Doesn't it bother you that so many people in this forum dislike your antics? If I were you, I would make an attempt to stop instead of replying with one liners.

Glad you asked...NOPE! I don't care what others think of me especially over the internet. it's funny you guys think you are making me sad or putting me to shame. I am laughing my ass off over here to the point where my Shure SE530's keeps losing seal so I can't even listen to their smooth sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back