se215 vs gr06,What is better?
Jan 22, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #31 of 47
I had no trouble navigating in what you wrote; it was understandable. I'm wondering...are you trying to recommend the CKS1000, or are you trying to put out the SE215? Is the SE215 bass quantity actually greater than that of the Solid Bass series CKS1000? And if so, what kind of signature does the CKS1000 have? I did not detect obvious bass bleed in my SE215, so is the CKS1000 just that controlled, tight, and clean? That would be unexpected, especially considering other Solid Bass models having a relatively boomy low end. And I'm certain that the SE215 sells for $100USD. Almost everywhere. Even if you do live in Singapore, you could easily find it for $100USD (approximately $122SGD) somewhere, even if it's internationally shipped. Hence, the true difference in price can be approximated to be $100USD. Back to the sound, I'd really hate to sound like a broken record, but the SE215 is really a good earphone, albeit not the best in its class, and I do not find the bass overpowering the mids, but maybe the CKS1000 is consequentially even more amazing than I could predict (I hope to try them out soon, especially after hearing this). But, in reality, I'm not even recommending the SE215 to OP. Let's end this petty debate on the SE215 vs CKS1000 and get back to the real question (I am, however, largely at fault as well for this off-topic argument as I did somewhat instigate your response, and for that I apologize). I have changed my recommendation (slightly).

To OP: If you plan to not use an amp, I recommend, yet again, the GR06 (for under $100) and the GR07 (if you are willing to stretch your budget...a lot). If you have a portable amp, check out the RE262. They are one of my favorite earphones under $150, and perform exceptionally well.
I think the best sound around the price he asking will be should be Either Yamaha EPH-100 Vsonic GR07 Add 30-50

Jan 23, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #32 of 47
I have compared the SE215, GR06 with Sunrise SW-Xcape V1 which is the most detailed IEM I have and found the SE215 and GR06 don't have bloated bass especially to the mid range frequency. SE215 and GR06 are very fun sounding IEM. You can't go wrong with either one if you only have $100 budget imho.

Jan 23, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #33 of 47
I have the player cowon c2, if I buy the gr06 or se215, will recommend me to change the EQ of my C2?

Please give me a recommendation on how to change correctly.

now it is:

80hz  = +3  normal
220hz = -4  wide
1.1khz= +5   normal
3.0khz= -3   wide
13khz = 13khz  wide

Other options disconnected.

Jan 23, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #34 of 47
I found this, apparently from a CROWN graphic equalizer manual

........BASS = 20-140Hz (greatest perception between 60-90Hz)
..MID-BASS = 140-400Hz (too much = muddy, boomy; too little = hollow, thin)
MID-RANGE = 400-2.6KHz (too much = bright; too little = dry, flat)
UPPER-MID = 2.6K-5.2KHz (too much = harsh, strident; too little = muffled, muted)
........HIGH = 5.2K-20KHz (too much = piercing, unpleasant; too little = dull, depthless)

Because the SE215 and GR06 have fairly large quantities of mid-bass, you might want to lower that setting. The midranges are quite forward too, so maybe don't leave it too forward with EQ. I really think that, to a certain extend, EQing should be done while using the product to make it optimal for the actual user of the IEM. Hope this helps.

Jan 24, 2013 at 4:26 AM Post #35 of 47
I do not really understand, but tell me if it looks better:

80hz  = +1  normal
220hz = -5  wide      ( i  lower   As I understood you-But I think lowered too much, or i get used to it before )
1.1khz= 0  normal  ( i lower As I understood you)
3.0khz= -2   wide
13khz = +2  wide   

Other options disconnected.

Jan 24, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #36 of 47
I'm not exactly sure what you would want to EQ tbh. First, get the earphone, and then EQ it to your liking. The parameters I posted were just to give you a slight idea of what you're changing. IMHO, I think that you should get the earphone first, then EQ, because then you would be able to do it yourself.

Jan 24, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #37 of 47
SE-215 is better in cases of traveling in noisy environments and wanting to shut the noise out of the picture, all while enjoying decent bass, mids, and non-piercing highs.

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #38 of 47
Thank you all for the help.

The gr06 i very wanted but do not sell them in my country and I'm afraid to buy online,
so I bought the se215 end because they sell them in the country where I live.
They are very high quality, and amazing.

but really there is a disadvantage with the bass, I would like to change the EQ in a professional manner to Improve the bass.

If anybody has any player like mine (cowon c2) and those headphones(se215), I'd love to get a recommendation for equalizer.

Feb 13, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #42 of 47
SE215 can't be BAD for that price to ANYONE, it's a pair of really decent IEM.

However, i recommend the GR02BE since u mentioned bass and they are not pricy.

Feb 22, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #43 of 47
how is the soundstage of gr06? i am looking to get one. i have e30 & love its open & airy neutral sound. i am open to try a different signature and like  "out of the head" feel rather than a closed one. would gr06 be a decent upgrade over my e30 regarding soundstage and instrument separation?

Feb 22, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #44 of 47
Quote:
how is the soundstage of gr06? i am looking to get one. i have e30 & love its open & airy neutral sound. i am open to try a different signature and like  "out of the head" feel rather than a closed one. would gr06 be a decent upgrade over my e30 regarding soundstage and instrument separation?

Well I don't own the gr06 anymore, but while I had them for a duration of about 6 months I found the soundstage to be somewhat expansive (a good thing if you like your soundstage on the wider side) with very clear mids that are easy to listen to. The instrument separation would be a decent upgrade, but it would not be a complete revolution in the way you hear your music. However that said, I think it would be a welcome change from your e30 and it is certainly not a wrong move to pull the trigger on one of these. There are better choices out there for instrument separation with good bass, but those will generally cost more money so the gr06 is a good compromise!

Feb 23, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #45 of 47
I do not like the bass of the se215,There are in ear headphones have excellent bass?.

What about the bass of the gr07?I think to buy them also.

Which tips do you use? I'm using my SE215's out of my Samsung Galaxy SII, not a great dap AT ALL. Bass volume is excellent, when bass is present in the song. That's using the shure foams, which help with bass quite a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back