Sd to micro sd adapter extender
Feb 12, 2014 at 8:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Aurion

New Head-Fier
Another way of using an SD card with the DX50 is this adapter extender:

http://tinyurl.com/mbdfpk2

Inexpensive at $15.99 and shipping is free. Perhaps it is a bit unsightly, but should do the job.

Feb 12, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #2 of 8
Worth a try. Would be nice to have a double.

Feb 12, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #3 of 8
There are some others like these with a ribbon cable between the SD slot and micro SD adapter. For some devices I think the ribbon cable makes connection easier. I have some of these others on order from DX to try with my phone.

Feb 12, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #4 of 8
I have the ribbon type but I would like something shorter. 

Feb 12, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #5 of 8
The problem I see is that the traces will be up, not down against the case, which will expose them to more potential damage. If it was make the other way, the case that the SD card goes into, would be flush against the case vs the metal against the case and the trace up off the case. 

Feb 12, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #6 of 8
The problem I see is that the traces will be up, not down against the case, which will expose them to more potential damage. If it was make the other way, the case that the SD card goes into, would be flush against the case vs the metal against the case and the trace up off the case. 

I agree that the device is exposed to potential damage. In addition, I expect 128gb micro sdxc cards to be available in the near future. I'm using one 64gb card now, and probably have much more than a days worth of listening, and the card is only about half full. So for me an extender is not high on my accessory list.

Feb 12, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #7 of 8
I agree that the device is exposed to potential damage. In addition, I expect 128gb micro sdxc cards to be available in the near future. I'm using one 64gb card now, and probably have much more than a days worth of listening, and the card is only about half full. So for me an extender is not high on my accessory list.

If I can find an elegant enough solution to use with my phone I'll get a 256GB SD card.

Been waiting for 128GB cards for an ETERNITY now, tired of the wait - I was amongst the first in the world to get a 64GB card, part of the reason my YouTube video showing it working in the Galaxy S2 got so many hits (more than a million last I checked).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back