-=SCREWED=-
Oct 9, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #31 of 73
things like this make me think twice about buying/trading.

Oct 9, 2009 at 4:42 AM Post #32 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Laokid18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, caveat emptor and all of that, but the majority of folks here are honest and decent, so I wouldn't stop buying or trading based on a few bad transactions. However, due diligence is wise.

Oct 9, 2009 at 4:45 AM Post #33 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Laokid18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The bad transactions get all of the attention. You rarely hear about the good ones. I don't know how many I've made, but all of them worked out. I had one pair of headphones damaged in transit, so I gave the buyer the full refund he asked for. Disappointing, but he was made whole.

Anyhow, don't let stuff like this put you off. Skim the feedback threads and you'll see loadsof goodwill and happy transactions. You don't hear much about those, however, the bad transactions are few and far between.

(P.S., thank you, Sergio!)

Oct 9, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #34 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The bad transactions get all of the attention. You rarely hear about the good ones. I don't know how many I've made, but all of them worked out. I had one pair of headphones damaged in transit, so I gave the buyer the full refund he asked for. Disappointing, but he was made whole.

Anyhow, don't let stuff like this put you off. Skim the feedback threads and you'll see loadsof goodwill and happy transactions. You don't hear much about those, however, the bad transactions are few and far between.

(P.S., thank you, Sergio!)

X2.

Oct 9, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #35 of 73
Agree that she should not only have her MOT status removed but also be banned. This is the absolute worst kind of thing for the community.

Oct 9, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #36 of 73
Honestly, the one lesson I have seen time and time again in the 8 years I've been here is that the second that ANY retailer or MOT starts to flake out, RUN. They start missing deadlines, drop off communication, or anything of the kind STOP DOING ANY BUSINESS WITH THEM. This is the same pattern of behavior that you see with any of the burns over the years like drewd, Single Power... The worst part is that they still accept new orders when they are obviously in over their head. It doesn't matter whether it is due to incompetance or malevolence, it is not something you ever want to get involved in.

Oct 9, 2009 at 5:50 AM Post #37 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me"

She needs to be banned. Regardless of her tenure here, this is inexcusable behavior, and it would not be tolerated by a newbie. Why should she get a pass?

Mods may not have the authority to get much done in the way of asset recovery, but they sure as hell can ban offenders...

while this may feel good in the moment it takes away the one avenue that Pabbi currently has of reaching her. I do not disagree that this needs to be resolved but banning her today removes our ability to attempt to resolve the situation.

Oct 9, 2009 at 6:17 AM Post #38 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously.. People kept giviving her a pass cause 1, shes a girl, 2. Avid poster who attends meets. 3. the pitty card. Struggling college student. Pabbi you seem to be well off compared to me, but that is your 600!! We need to set up a scamming fund.. To give money back to members being ripped off.

+1

Oct 9, 2009 at 6:30 AM Post #39 of 73
I think the point is she should have been stripped of her status after the last mess, not that now that this happened she can't be banned because then she can't be contacted.

Oct 9, 2009 at 7:12 AM Post #41 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the benefit of the doubt has passed for Germania. I'm surprised she's still active at all after what happened to Biggie.

I wonder what it is that causes people to turn like this. $600 is a lot of money, but on the other hand, it's insignificant in the larger view. Instead of cheating someone, much more could be legitimately earned in the long term.

Is it possible if you could link the thread/tell me what exactly happened last time.
confused.gif
Since I've been here on head-fi (Which isn't very long at all), I've always thought she was a normal respected user and wouldn't do stuff like the OP said.

Oct 9, 2009 at 7:35 AM Post #43 of 73
IIRC from Biggie's thread, she said she had just graduated and was moving nearer to Chicago to start a new job. Any Northwestern/Evanston address is probably no longer valid.

I feel very badly for the OP. Nothing galls me more than someone with a trusting nature being taken advantage of by a conscienceless individual. It fosters a cynical attitude and makes for a less friendly society.

Oct 9, 2009 at 9:11 AM Post #45 of 73
Sorry to hear these thing happen again with -=G=-. Banning her is probably not helpful at the moment, at least not to the OP. But I do agree that the MOT status needs to be suspended as soon as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back