Scotty, arm the Quantum Disrupters!
Feb 10, 2006 at 8:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 71

AlanY

1000+ Head-Fier
GREAT new tweak reviewed at Positive Feedback:
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue23/quantum.htm
_Issue23_images_quantum.jpg

Only about half the size and one tenth the weight of the VPI Magic Brick!

As the reviewer points out, "one or two Disrupters are mandatory for tweaking a top system."

Feb 10, 2006 at 9:20 PM Post #2 of 71
I've been thinking about introducing a revolutionary quantum product myself. It is being based on the latest breakthroughs in quantum physics with the research being conducted at the Swiss Federal Institue of Technology. The white paper pertaining this groundbreaking tweak is already under way and will include pioneer research results.

Stabilizing quantum states, eliminating quantum noise - that's yesterday's news. I'm thinking of quantum duality effects which will effectively increase the amount of pleasant harmonics through quantum interference effects without disrupting the signal linearity and at the same time enhance the cognitive transmission properties of the sound field surrounding the listener.

Due to confidentiality I cannot reveal more technical details at the moment but if anybody is interested in participating, please pm me to discuss the business model.

Oh, and thanks for pointing out that review. This will give me a good shortlist of magazines who I should send product samples.
wink.gif

Feb 11, 2006 at 1:20 AM Post #4 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
it's even better than the shakti stone? i smell a nobel prize!

Not just better than Shakti Stones... according to the review: "better than any passive device ever produced"!

Better than Bybees, better thank Shakti, better than the Magic Ring, better than the VPI Magic Brick... better than anything ever made.

Not only that, it even competes with most active devices: "It is every bit as effective as an active device, and is easier to use."

I can't see why anyone would not buy this.

Feb 11, 2006 at 1:36 AM Post #5 of 71
On a serious note and business ethics aside, wouldn't it be fairly easy to make money utilizing this branch of audiophilia? I suppose the only preconditions would be some kind of credentials or a seriously-appearing platform to promote such a product.

I'm sure Bohr would be overjoyed to hear that quantum physic was to be put to good use at last, i.e. making money.

Feb 11, 2006 at 1:54 AM Post #6 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda
On a serious note and business ethics aside, wouldn't it be fairly easy to make money utilizing this branch of audiophilia? I suppose the only preconditions would be some kind of credentials or a seriously-appearing platform to promote such a product.

I'm sure Bohr would be overjoyed to hear that quantum physic was to be put to good use at last, i.e. making money.

fleecing fools is always profitable.

Feb 11, 2006 at 1:58 AM Post #7 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda
I suppose the only preconditions would be some kind of credentials or a seriously-appearing platform to promote such a product.

I would think the only preconditions would be the ability to write compelling marketing copy.
icon10.gif

In a somewhat puzzling note, Steve Hoffman (whom you would think would know better) actually tried the Shakti Stones and found that they did, in fact, reduce EMI (although apparently not enough to keep them, if you read the thread down a bit).

Feb 11, 2006 at 2:17 AM Post #8 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by clarke68
In a somewhat puzzling note, Steve Hoffman (whom you would think would know better) actually tried the Shakti Stones and found that they did, in fact, reduce EMI (although apparently not enough to keep them, if you read the thread down a bit).

That says more about his testing methods than it does him or the hunks of rock. Do you think I should submit my INVISIBLE SONIC INTERFERENCE TECHNOLOGY for Radio Emitting Amplitude Loads- ISITREAL (TM) to be reviewed? The problem is, it's invisible and I don't remember where I put it.

See ya
Steve

Feb 11, 2006 at 2:26 AM Post #10 of 71
From the Audio-Magic web site

Quote:

We are told by the company that 3 components make up the Disruptor which are subject to extreme atmospheric pressures and then treated with a special gas-like treatment which enables the 3 components to do their job. However, if the components inside the Disruptor are exposed to outside air, they become ineffective and must be disposed of.

Who dares open up a disruptor.? WHO DARES?
tongue.gif

Feb 11, 2006 at 2:40 AM Post #11 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot
Do you think I should submit my INVISIBLE SONIC INTERFERENCE TECHNOLOGY for Radio Emitting Amplitude Loads- ISITREAL (TM) to be reviewed? The problem is, it's invisible and I don't remember where I put it.

That's because I stole it from you! Worked real well, trouble is it's effectiveness is highly influenced by placement, and it reduced the most EMI when I had it on the floor in the center of my listening room. After kicking your confounded invisible rock with my bare feet like 17 times I finally threw the stupid thing away.

Then I realized that I don't really mind the sound of EMI that much after all.
tongue.gif

Feb 11, 2006 at 3:10 AM Post #12 of 71
At least they didn't price it at $1000 or something, like the homogenizing alligator clips and ultra hi-fi wooden volume pots. An emi reducing device might actually work, in theory at least
biggrin.gif

However I'm guessing they could be made by an intelligent DIY-er for $15 or less, lol.

Feb 11, 2006 at 3:20 AM Post #13 of 71
Wow...just having a picture of this device on my monitor makes my computer sound better!

Feb 11, 2006 at 3:28 AM Post #14 of 71
The outrageous name shouldn't prevent people from trying this thing, especially since the small one is 'only' $75. I think the biggest reason I won't try it myself is b/c it's reported to be the most "powerful" RFI/EMI reducer, and I don't need any more powerful such device than Stillpoints ERS paper. Even the ERS paper is too powerful, so that I use 1" small strips spaced away from parts/cables.

As the reviewer points out, the Noise Disruptor made sound worse, too dull in many applications, which is what I experienced with every RFI/EMI device I've used/heard, including ERS paper, Ferrites, Shunyata magic dust stuff (Hydra), Bybees in power conditioners, Z cable Z-sleeves, Shaki stones, VPI brick, Audioprism "quantum" noise-killer stuff, etc, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back