School Headphones
May 4, 2004 at 11:17 PM Post #31 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
I don't think I ever had a teacher who kept something.
Very strange they won't give it back to the parents. That is stealing!

I never let a teacher take something from me. Was a very well mannered student most of the time but when something happened I stood my ground. When I was asked to hand something over I simply said that I wouldn't because it was mine and not theirs. So I would put it in my bag and promised never to bring it in class again and kept that promise. They can't take it if you don't give it. I stayed very polite and respectful, admitted that I was disturbing the lesson and I was in the wrong. But I didn't give my property away.

Were we seperated at birth or something?
biggrin.gif
I was the same way. I was seldom a troublemaker, but I could take a stand.
smily_headphones1.gif

As for the teacher not giving it back, occassionally you encounter a weirdo of a teacher, someone who shouldn't be a teacher. This was one of them. She wanted to give it back in June, but it was September. I got the feeling that she used the stuff she took away for herself.

I've had some wonderful teachers in my life, this wasn't one of them. And why was I using a walkman in class? Because this wasn't a very good teacher, that's why.
wink.gif

May 4, 2004 at 11:55 PM Post #32 of 39
I remember the big thing when i was in middle school, was no hats. THey used to literally steal your hats (the teachers) and hang them above the blackboard almost as like trophies of authority. I wouldn't listen to headphones in class personally, but if the teacher tried to take something that was mine, and be it expensive, i'd refuse, and take it all the way up to the principle, explain the value, and explain that it's for use during lunch time.

SOVKiller,
Dood, your not his dad, lighten up a bit... Don't get all holier then thou, If the guy needs to get reprimanded, leave it to his parents or something. We are here to help, not bust balls : ]

May 6, 2004 at 3:19 AM Post #33 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Textual Intercou

the other trick is vodka in a sprite bottle, but I'm not so sure I recommend that one. that seems like a patently bad idea.

Wow, you have no idea how many times i did this freshman year.

Public schools (around here anyway) are a COMPLETE joke. Heres my proof of why you guys should not be scolding for 'wasting tax money'

-I took my bio test (buzzed)drunk, and guess what. got an A.
-I have missed close to 40% of my german class so far this year (missed 51% or so 3rd quarter) and have pulled off an A all year.
-I dont listen to my chem teacher, EVER, and dont read the chapter. I happen to also get A's in that class.
-I ALWAYS have my ipod playing throughout the halls, and occasionally in classrooms (if theres a problem they tell you to take them off)
-everyday through freshman civics I played 'snood' on the computer. Never once did i listen to the teacher and got an A-
-I know the only hall security guy. and so I never am made to go to class when skipping.
-Bring in a note from your mom to gym class. Get out for any amount of weeks you would like, EXCUSED!
-leave school during lunch, come in the next day with a typed up note from your 'mom'. get off scott free
-walk too slow getting to the weight room (after attendance is taken) and accidently get locked out by the security doors. Free skip.
-None of my teachers give a rats ass what I do. Yet i have a GPA of over 3.89

Public high school in my area is a complete JOKE!

I had more examples, but unfortanutely(they were the hilarious ones) I forgot some of them.

oh, and my point? Listen away!

May 6, 2004 at 3:40 AM Post #34 of 39
Note to self: Find out which high school Jake71188 is talking about and prevent my kids from going there in the future
wink.gif

May 6, 2004 at 3:42 AM Post #35 of 39
and there you have it folks.

the failsafe way to listen to music, get drunk and get A's all at the same time.

failsafe

i would agree with you that high school is a joke. and my high school has been ranked as one of the top in the country.

May 6, 2004 at 3:50 AM Post #36 of 39
"Snake? Snake? Snake!!!!!!!!!!"
What the Colonel says to Snake through the codec when Snake dies.

God I want a CODEC!

Quote:

Originally Posted by marios_mar
Well, my suggestion is bone conducting technology headphones. These won't be even in your ears.
biggrin.gif

But listening in class is not the way to go.

May 6, 2004 at 3:50 AM Post #37 of 39
Ya earbuds are the way to go here... They're open enough that you can hear if you want to, and if you keep the volume down no one else can hear. E888s, mx400s or something whatever your budget is you can find good recommendations here. I wouldn't go closed cause then you're teacher will know something is up when they direct something at you and you are totally out of it, and fullsized open even if you can hide them will probably leak too much at reasonable volume. Then with your earbuds all you need is some hair or a hood and you're set :) I recommend that for any year except gr12, its the only one that matters :p At that point you should make sure you can manage while listening to music, if not you might wanna suffer through the year without
wink.gif

-jesse

May 6, 2004 at 6:44 AM Post #38 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
Were we seperated at birth or something?
biggrin.gif
I was the same way. I was seldom a troublemaker, but I could take a stand.
smily_headphones1.gif

Did I ever mention what a nice and intelligent person you are?
wink.gif

May 6, 2004 at 3:46 PM Post #39 of 39
Quote:

camote:
Listen buddy, a classroom is not a place to wear headphones of any kind, unless a language lab.....

For the rest, we should not support those kind of absurd attitudes here....waht you need is to pay attention to the teacher, period......if you need an earbud at school, what are you going there in the first instance, remember that we pay those teachers with our taxes also.....why not staying home????.....

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by pspivak
If you are gonna wear headphones to class then I hope you are going to private school. I don't want to pay for you going to school to listen to headphones with my federal taxes. In that case you should get Jeklin Floats. That way when the teacher "wops" you upside the head (am I showing my age?) you will be protected from injury and the school will not be subject to lawsuit.

Quote:

thats all under the assumption that the teachers to whom youre ultimately paying with your taxes are actually deserving of that money and are enriching the kids. i know that i didnt learn anything from certain teachers in my days of public grade school.

do you think all teachers are the best? Some teachers are morons. They dont even know what they're talking about. Sometimes people like me get stuck in a school they shouldnt be at. I have done homework like 3 times at home. Pulling 4.0's. I came from a school where i was taking AP and honor classes and i come to this school where the majority of the kids here dont care. We have 900 enrolled and 500 that show up. I'm currently a senior and i'm forced to do work i did as a freshman. This is one of the worse performing highschools ever. We used to have gang fights inside the school every single day. People are having sex in the bathrooms. Earlier this year, some kid got shot a block away from the school right after school.

Your paying taxes for this school. I think i can safely assume that you would be more unhappy about this school in general than having people listening to music in class. This school is a waste of my time. Your not the only person that is paying for taxes. Our parents pay taxes too.

If students dont show up and they dont bring a note from their parents to get it excused the school gets no school. If you go to school and go to your classes the school gets money. You can fail all of your classes, but if you show up the school gets money. Thats why you go to school. They have required courses where some of the classes are just BS. I have 2 academic classes. Econ. and English. The rest of my classes are like peer resources(we dont have tables or chairs, but couches) and media arts(where we watch movies everyday.) I also have some senior law class where we dont do anything and i mean nothing. We go in there and stare at walls. The teacher sits on the computer. Your tax dollars go to the teachers who do nothing.

By the way, your kids are going to be bad. Be happy that they are going to school. Be happy that they are not skipping school to have sex, do drugs, drink alcohol, or to smoke. Your taxes go towards good and bad things. These good and bad things are our opinions.

he's going to do it no matter what we say. so, why not just help him.

-empathy

p.s. this isnt to hold myself high and mighty that i get a 4.0. just used it as a way to explain my point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back