Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Jan 14, 2018 at 11:18 PM Post #6,406 of 12,227
I would try a different computer. But it sounds like a good time to upgrade to USB Gen 5. You won't regret it. If you can replace a small board you can order one for $100. Otherwise, you would have to send the Yggdrasil back and pay $150 plus shipping.

Jan 14, 2018 at 11:37 PM Post #6,408 of 12,227
I was wondering if I could get a little advice....the USB input on my Yggy has quit working for some reason. I've changed cables and sources and it's still not showing up even though it's worked fine for almost a year.
All the other inputs are working fine.
All my other dac's show up and work just fine.
Is there anything I can try before I contact Schiit?
Thanks for any help.
If you are using a 2.0 USB port.... try switching to a 3.0 if you have one. Originally I could not download the Yggy driver until I switched to the 3.0.

Schiit said that sometimes we need to try a different port to get the driver. Who knows? Might want to give it a try.

Jan 15, 2018 at 12:03 AM Post #6,409 of 12,227
If you are using a 2.0 USB port.... try switching to a 3.0 if you have one. Originally I could not download the Yggy driver until I switched to the 3.0.

Schiit said that sometimes we need to try a different port to get the driver. Who knows? Might want to give it a try.

Thanks 5genez, I got it to work finally by sliding the usb cable slightly out of the port on the Yggy. If I plug the cable all the way in, there is no signal and I repeated this same solution with two other cables so it has to be the port on the Yggy.
I was getting ready to send it in for the usb5 upgrade in the near future so maybe I can keep it working until then.

Jan 15, 2018 at 1:14 AM Post #6,410 of 12,227
Thanks 5genez, I got it to work finally by sliding the usb cable slightly out of the port on the Yggy. If I plug the cable all the way in, there is no signal and I repeated this same solution with two other cables so it has to be the port on the Yggy.
I was getting ready to send it in for the usb5 upgrade in the near future so maybe I can keep it working until then.
:smile_phones:

I have the Generation 5. I could not get the new drivers to download until I tried my 3.0 port.

You may want to try that after you get it back if you find you can not download the upgraded drivers.

Jan 15, 2018 at 1:32 AM Post #6,411 of 12,227
:smile_phones:

I have the Generation 5. I could not get the new drivers to download until I tried my 3.0 port.

You may want to try that after you get it back if you find you can not download the upgraded drivers.

Thank you sir! I'll keep that it mind when I get it back. I'm hoping I don't have to worry about the drivers with linux but I may be mistaken.

Jan 15, 2018 at 2:01 AM Post #6,412 of 12,227
snip
Another way to possibly fix this is to clean the connector that the cables are being plugged into. Perhaps there is a bit of crud (a technical term) buried inside. USB is very susceptible to bad connections, as in any type of resistance between transceiver chips (ie. dirty cable connections).
I'd use CAIG deOxit Gold cleaner/protectant.

Just a passing thought.

JJ

Jan 15, 2018 at 2:22 AM Post #6,413 of 12,227
Another way to possibly fix this is to clean the connector that the cables are being plugged into. Perhaps there is a bit of crud (a technical term) buried inside. USB is very susceptible to bad connections, as in any type of resistance between transceiver chips (ie. dirty cable connections).

Just a passing thought.

JJ

Thanks JJ, I've got some ordered and will give it a try.

Jan 15, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #6,414 of 12,227

Just a passing thought.

JJ
Yup... I only have the Red. Need to order some Gold.

BTW.... The Red makes for a great cleaner when you have smudges or fingermarks on a casing .
I had some sorbothane marks left behind on a case and the RED with a clean cloth made it like new.
Its also a grease remover par excellence on components.

Jan 15, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #6,415 of 12,227
Love the Caig fluids...both the Red and Gold seem to get the job done...though I can help but think the only difference is their color...

Hey 5Genez...did you use some Caig juice on that fancy new fuse of yours? Same application...:L3000:

Jan 15, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #6,416 of 12,227
Love the Caig fluids...both the Red and Gold seem to get the job done...though I can help but think the only difference is their color...

Hey 5Genez...did you use some Caig juice on that fancy new fuse of yours? Same application...:L3000:

Yes.... to get rid of any possible finger oil. Then. lightly coated the fuse ends with this.

Silclear-IM.jpg

SilClear makes the contacts the closest thing to soldering it into its holder. Very light coating is all that's needed.
http://shop.mapleshadestore.com/SILCLEAR-Silver-Contact-Enhancer/productinfo/SILCLEAR/
http://shop.mapleshadestore.com/SILCLEAR-Silver-Contact-Enhancer/productinfo/SILCLEAR/

Jan 16, 2018 at 5:24 AM Post #6,419 of 12,227
Translation: "Now please hold the inevitable barrage of, 'I wanna buy an Yggy soon, but now I see that I could get the gadget built into it if I wait. When exactly will it be available?' Instead, here's an ambiguous post about the fact that the Yggy is actually in stock right now. You should buy one!"

/end conjecture

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 7:09 AM Post #6,420 of 12,227
Alternate translation: "If you haven't already got your YGGY yet, what's the holdup...? "

Don't listen to your miserly wallet, get the YGGY........ :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back