Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Jan 16, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #6,422 of 12,381
http://www.schiit.com/about/news/yggdrasil-refined

OK give it straight to me, no flowery...does this fix the slightly bright tone and grey-ish background noticeable when comparing the first gen Yggdrasil with a Metrum Pavane/Adagio?

They say shipping since late 2017. I want to know when. I ordered my yggy december 6th, do i have the new analog 2?

Nevermind, I see that this shipped with new production units after october....sweet! guess im rocking the new analog 2

Jan 16, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #6,423 of 12,381
They say shipping since late 2017. I want to know when. I ordered my yggy december 6th, do i have the new analog 2?

Nevermind, I see that this shipped with new production units after october....sweet! guess im rocking the new analog 2
It states that if your S/N starts with "B" then you have the new analog board. I just checked my S/N and it's a "B" so I'm well pleased! :) That would also perhaps explain the long wait I endured (I ordered my Yggy from Electromod at end of July and received it at start December).

Jan 16, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #6,424 of 12,381

- Yggdrasils have been shipping with Analog 2 boards since October 2017
- Yggdrasils with Analog 2 boards are designated with a serial number prefix of “B,” rather than “A.”

Yours should be Analog 2, but if in doubt, check the serial number, "B" is Analog 2.

Jan 16, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #6,425 of 12,381
- Yggdrasils have been shipping with Analog 2 boards since October 2017
- Yggdrasils with Analog 2 boards are designated with a serial number prefix of “B,” rather than “A.”

Yours should be Analog 2, but if in doubt, check the serial number, "B" is Analog 2.
This pisses me the...off !!

There should be a loyalty discpunt to early adopters,

As a first-unit early buyer,
I am now having to spend extra money for both the USB Gen 5 upgrade, and now this analog 2 to upgrade!

I bought mine within first hour of first day it came out.
So now I would have to pay a lot more money than somebody that was not an early buyer.
They getting everything for original Yggy price(!)

Mean meanwhile I would pay almost an extra $1,000!
What the..

That is discouraging.
:frowning2:

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #6,426 of 12,381
This pisses me the hell off !!
as a first-unit early buyer,
I am now having to spend extra money for both the USB Gen 5 upgrade, and now this analog 2 to upgrade!

So now I'm paying a lot more money than somebody that was not an early buyer.
They getting everything for original Yggy price!

Mean meanwhile I'm paying almost an extra $1,000! what the hell.

Do you expect Toyota to upgrade your car for free when they bring out a new model?

At least the Yggy can be upgraded. Many manufacturers just bring out a new model with no upgrade path at all.

I no longer own a Yggy - I moved across to a Metrum Pavane. I recently upgraded this DAC to Level 2. Yes - it was expensive, and a new buyer gets that performance for a lot less than I paid for it, but that is what happens in the real world. Suck it up.

Jan 16, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #6,427 of 12,381

So now I would have to pay a lot more money than somebody that was not an early buyer.

What the..

That is discouraging.

Wow. You want new buyers to subsidize your upgrades? How is that fair? You have the same DAC your bought when it was new. You don't have to get the upgrades.

This upgrade is really going to kill prices of used non-upgraded Yggdrasil DACs. I am glad I sold mine when I did!

Jan 16, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #6,428 of 12,381
Do you expect Toyota to upgrade your car for free when they bring out a new model?

At least the Yggy can be upgraded. Many manufacturers just bring out a new model with no upgrade path at all.

I no longer own a Yggy - I moved across to a Metrum Pavane. I recently upgraded this DAC to Level 2. Yes - it was expensive, and a new buyer gets that performance for a lot less than I paid for it, but that is what happens in the real world. Suck it up.

Why suck it up? Schiit did not make this new board in two days.... It had to be in operation and designed quite some time ago.

I bought mine on Oct 31st and they still shipped me the outdated version. That sucks! Should I suck that up too?

Jan 16, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #6,429 of 12,381
Why suck it up? Schiit did not make this new board in two days.... It had to be in operation and designed quite some time ago.

I bought mine on Oct 31st and they still shipped me the outdated version. That sucks! Should I suck that up too?

Yes - suck it up and harden up.

You think Toyota aren't designing the next generation model at the same time they sell you the current model?

Jan 16, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #6,431 of 12,381
Yes - suck it up and harden up.

You think Toyota aren't designing the next generation model at the same time they sell you the current model?

Cars you know change every year..... You expect it. And, they let you know what is in store for next year ahead of time if you are willing to wait a bit.

PS Audio gives free upgrades. Now I need to spend more money to get something that is not going to keep picking my pocket with planned obsolescence. So be it. Finally.

Jan 16, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #6,432 of 12,381

What the..

That is discouraging.

Then don't upgrade. There is nothing wrong with the Yggy you have. It already has an analog section that you paid for that was the best they had at the time. And you are discouraged because they improved a newer model which happens throughout the industry with all companies? Makes no sense to me.

Jan 16, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #6,433 of 12,381
Its marketing seduction time.....

Jan 16, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #6,435 of 12,381
Cars you know change every year..... You expect it. And, they let you know what is in store for next year ahead of time if you are willing to wait a bit.

PS Audio gives free upgrades. Now I need to spend more money to get something that is not going to keep picking my pocket with planned obsolescence. So be it. Finally.

Schiit explicitly describe the Yggy as modular and upgradeable. It is that way by design. Why would they do that if the intent wasn't to release upgrades periodically?

You don't need to spend anything at all. The DAC you bought and paid for still functions exactly the same as it did before the upgrade option became available. Nobody has taken anything away from you.

You have the option to upgrade your DAC, at a cost. It is a choice. Do it or don't do it. Whatever.

Acting like Schiit have just mugged you in the street is a little extreme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back