Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Feb 23, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #1,936 of 12,236
  Two weeks, my ass. "unexpected production delays"

Took mine 4 weeks (3 weeks until it shipped, 1 week for it to arrive). That seems to be the average from what I can see (dunno why they say 2 weeks 
tongue.gif
).

Feb 24, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #1,937 of 12,236
I guess my experience was on the good side in terms of  speed then.  My Yggy made it out the door in 9 business days.  It will be here tomorrow.  Hopefully I didn't burn any luck I had stored up on that little bone.

Crossing my fingers I don't have USB driver issues, or other issues for that matter.  In 20 years of pursuing better and better gear not once have I had a smooth experience, something always goes wrong or an unexpected complication pops up.  No number of hours spent forum crawling has ever prevented it. 

A very recent example:  did some re-arranging recently and moved an amp to make room for Yggy.  The interconnect cables ended up being plugged into different amps than they were previously once the move was complete and I noticed right away differences in sound between two remaining amps on the gear cart.  After A/Bing it became quite obvious that one cable sounded a lot better than the other.  Here's the little rub though:  both cables are identical.  Same brand, make, length and age, identical in every way and even purchased at the same time some years back.  Neither pair is crossing power cables and there are no nearby sources of interference.  So all this time one of my amps had a handicap I knew nothing about because it was connected to the "gimped" cable for the last couple of years with me not being aware it was gimped.  I have a talent for encountering weird issues like this. 

It's really changed what I thought I knew about that amp too, in a good way, so I suppose something good came out of it.  But these kinds of things leave me constantly wondering what other gremlins are lurking out there holding things back and how long it will take before I randomly stumble across those gremlins and can address them.

Feb 24, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #1,938 of 12,236
I ordered my Yggdrasil on a Saturday and it shipped two days later on Monday 
ph34r.gif

Feb 24, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #1,939 of 12,236
Yea guys, I know. I have read this and the Rag forums. Sometimes you get lucky, but be prepared to wait. I can wait if it means I get a fully tested Yiggy. Then I have to go through the same thing with Rag.

Feb 24, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #1,941 of 12,236
I just received my Yggdrasil last night.  USB -> Yggy -> WA22 -> LCD-X.  This was definitely bright and a bit fatiguing out of the box.  Currently on hour 21 of warmup, sounds quite a bit warmer and not nearly as harsh.  I am liking how this is progressing quite a bit.  I can't wait for the first week to elapse so I can do some serious critical listening.  This setup is hands down beyond anything I have owned up until this point.

Feb 24, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #1,944 of 12,236
What I have noticed as reports from those who have gone thru a complete power up after the initial blossom event, is…

It seems as though as the amount of 'on' hours grows, the length of time to full blossom from cold, shortens up.
It may have something to do with the number of complete thermal cycles (complete cool down and return to full temperature thermal stability) as well.
IOW as the number of thermal cycles increases, the amount of time needed to reach it's full SQ drops.

But either way the overall trend seems to be as the Jggy gains use, the amount of time needed to reach full SQ blossom, reduces.

JJ

Feb 24, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #1,945 of 12,236
  In the event the Yggdrasil has to be unplugged for a couple hours during a storm, how long then does it need to be plugged in again to perform optimally?

My Yggy is powered by a UPS.  The UPS is powered by house current.  The house current is backed by a propane generator with automatic transfer.  The propane generator has a 500 gallon tank.

I don't expect to ever learn the answer to this question.

Feb 24, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #1,946 of 12,236
My Theta was powered up constantly from May til November until I went to a Head-fi meet. Since then I haven't turned it off (no power switch) and I haven't unplugged it. It's better just to leave it so that way you know it always sounds good
wink.gif

Feb 24, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #1,947 of 12,236

My Yggy is powered by a UPS.  The UPS is powered by house current.  The house current is backed by a propane generator with automatic transfer.  The propane generator has a 500 gallon tank.

+1 on all of that except the Yggy!  Looks like I'm ready for the Yggy.  You guys are merciless.  I love my Gumby but you're going to make me buy an Yggy just to see for myself what this burn-in and warm-up phenomenon is all about.  Darn clever of Mike M (Baldr) and Schiit to build the burn-in mystique into the product.

Feb 24, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #1,948 of 12,236

Until the batteries need replacing in the UPS...

Feb 25, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #1,950 of 12,236
Ordered myself a yiggy after hearing one at Canjam Singapore. Really looking forward to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back