Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Dec 10, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #1,353 of 12,385
Hey guys,
I got some tender feet from her or and there's a small but noticeable improvement with the Yggy - can I ask you where you are placing them and what orientation? Wide side up or down?

Thanks!

I always put them in a little bit diagonally inward from the stock footers, wide side up.

Dec 11, 2015 at 3:58 AM Post #1,354 of 12,385
I always put them in a little bit diagonally inward from the stock footers, wide side up.

Thanks!
It's a nice if modest, improvement to detail resolution, I also got a pair of supersonic stabilisers - playing with their placement. They usually say put in the middle of the device's too - but I suspect that with the Yggy, because the mesh - the exact Center isn't quite the structural Center of the case...

Dec 11, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #1,355 of 12,385
I usually find placing a footer under or around a components transformer(s) to be beneficial.

3 footers = good sonic results and easy to balance / level the component.

4 footers = generally even better sonic results, but harder to balance / level the component.

5+ footers = YMMV. Sometime it's sonically beneficial and other times not. Depends on the component and setup in general.
                   (It's best to use height adjustable footers - so that they all make good contact with the bottom of the component).

Dec 11, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #1,356 of 12,385
  I usually find placing a footer under or around a components transformer(s) to be beneficial.

3 footers = good sonic results and easy to balance / level the component.

4 footers = generally even better sonic results, but harder to balance / level the component.

5+ footers = YMMV. Sometime it's sonically beneficial and other times not. Depends on the component and setup in general.
                   (It's best to use height adjustable footers - so that they all make good contact with the bottom of the component).

Thanks mate - where are the transformers on the Yggy? if you're looking at it from front? Thank you!

Dec 11, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #1,357 of 12,385

Thanks mate - where are the transformers on the Yggy? if you're looking at it from front? Thank you!

Left side. Just put them slightly diagonally-inward in from the stock footers, like I described above, on all four footers. Balanced. All make contact with the chassis. Done.

Dec 12, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #1,359 of 12,385
  I'd be interested in comparisons to the Hugo/HugoTT

Thanks!

I can give you a comparison between the Yggy and the 2qute

It ain't close .The Yggy is better in every category .Soundstage,clarity,treble ,better bass. Acoustic  music is a revelation with the Yggy. 

I think the 2qute is very good .I have one and am keeping it.  But the Yggy damn! 

By the way I think the 2qute very close to the MB Gungnir in quality just not the Yggy. 

Dec 12, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #1,360 of 12,385
  I can give you a comparison between the Yggy and the 2qute

It ain't close .The Yggy is better in every category .Soundstage,clarity,treble ,better bass. Acoustic  music is a revelation with the Yggy. 

I think the 2qute is very good .I have one and am keeping it.  But the Yggy damn! 

By the way I think the 2qute very close to the MB Gungnir in quality just not the Yggy. 

Thanks Mate,
That was an old post - I've now had the Yggy for several months - can't be happier!

Dec 12, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #1,361 of 12,385
Is a Yiggy worth it if I can't take advantage of the balanced outputs? SE RCA only...

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #1,364 of 12,385
iFi iUSB3.0 in the chain
biggrin.gif

AmI3Cpw.jpg

So did you hear any difference using the iFi iUSB 3.0? Since the Yggdrasil isn't galvanic (it isn't isolated from the USB power) I assume it helps some? Also, isn't the Gemini a USB 2.0 cable?

Dec 14, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #1,365 of 12,385

Users who are viewing this thread

Back