Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Dec 21, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #1,411 of 12,385
Several of us Seattle HeadFiers hot transport Yggy, Gumby, and other digital devices to meets. I copied atomicbob's setup -- a good inverter to power the UPS, the UPS, then the Wyrd/Yggy.

The only problem is if I stay too long eating/drinking at the after-meet, the UPS is out of juice when I get to the car. :wink: But when I start the car, everything starts up again. My UPS shows 90+ minutes on just battery with Wyrd/Yggy plugged.

Dec 21, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #1,412 of 12,385
  Not cheap indeed... but they are some of the best footers I've used to date.
The Ultra minis are very much the best "bang for the buck" in the Stillpoints lineup.

I also very much agree that 4 Ultra minis under the Yggy is better than 3 - just make sure all 4 are making proper contact to the bottom surface of the Yggy.   Gently push on each footer, and if it moves freely, then adjust the height of the footer until it doesn't move - check the other footers and repeat as needed.

Thanks Mate!

Out of curiosity, where do you place them beneath the Yggy? Thanks!

Dec 21, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #1,413 of 12,385
I have mine placed just to the inside of the stock feet and slightly back.
Draw an imaginary "X" between the stock feet and place your footers on those lines - this should give you a good starting point, but feel free to experiment
redface.gif

Dec 21, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #1,414 of 12,385
  When is the last time Schiit did a run of black Yggdrasil's?  I'm going to hold out for one.  Maybe this spring...

When I asked they said maybe March. The fact that black Ragnaroks are currently in stock makes it tempting to try for the black set but after comparing pictures the I think the black makes it look less premium (although I'm still bias towards black). The fact that the black is the "rare" color makes me want it even more but I think I'll just settle for silver. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 22, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #1,417 of 12,385
I just tried CosmoX sticker.   It comes from space technology of NASA, it has been treated in the space for 20 years, with a coating of cosmos ray, quantum particles, dark matter, Giga eV quarks, Mega eV protons, and general relativity.
This sticker changes a $200 amp to something far exceeding anything I have ever heard of:  the background is as deep and black is universe vacuum and dark matter with absolute zero radiation,   the imaging is holographic as the galaxies in the cosmos.  The frequency response expanded all the way to giga Hz.
The price is $200 per square inch, which is a steal considering it came from $billion space missions.

Quote:
  hahahaha so anybody can tell us what those WA quantum stickers are doing and how.. it say act on submolecular level hahahaha
common seriously?

Dec 22, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #1,418 of 12,385
Where can I buy some?

My wife and I had a good laugh.  Keep researching other materials.

My wife says you can get some little white pills that act synergistically with Quantum Dots or Cosmo X to give a 3D holographic light show synched to the music.

Dec 22, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #1,419 of 12,385
Ok I want some of these little white pills. Can I just bypass the quantum dots and cosmo x?

Where can I buy some?

My wife and I had a good laugh.  Keep researching other materials.

My wife says you can get some little white pills that act synergistically with Quantum Dots or Cosmo X to give a 3D holographic light show synched to the music.

Dec 22, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #1,421 of 12,385
The white pills can be teleported directly to your brain if you have the not widely available $72000 accu-upper-hyper-vibro mod, available at secret locations.  You will not care which DAC,  amp, or cans you listen to until you come down a year later.  A real deal for those who cannot make up their minds on which high-end gear they like.  Cash only please!!

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Dec 22, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #1,422 of 12,385
  The white pills can be teleported directly to your brain if you have the not widely available $72000 accu-upper-hyper-vibro mod, available at secret locations.  You will not care which DAC,  amp, or cans you listen to until you come down a year later.  A real deal for those who cannot make up their minds on which high-end gear they like.  Cash only please!!

Mike, don't give away The Manhattan Project!

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back