Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Dec 19, 2022 at 10:21 PM Post #11,266 of 12,314
I sent in my Yggy A2 and had the plus upgrade and also moved to the LIM at the same time. I still have my A2 boards so I can test in the future but I truly missed the sound the Yggy gave me. The music just sounds so realistic. I've been running it since Sunday and I imagine it will only get better the more it's turned on. The pics do not do the plus chassis justice. I find this chassis much nicer looking than the original and I like the flatter design as I have this on my desk below the HPA4/AHB2.

Dec 20, 2022 at 8:38 AM Post #11,268 of 12,314
Image.jpeg

Dec 20, 2022 at 9:04 AM Post #11,272 of 12,314
Anyone got the yggy plus upgrade done? if so, what do you think? Is it worth the $500 price point? I am thinking about sending mine in and would love to hear some feedback. I have never been let down by schiit audio, and i honestly think this would be a worthwhile up/sidegrade but any opinion regarding this matter would help me decide.

Thank you

I did it.

Basically, you get:

new case, which looks better and makes it easier to upgrade components
NOS mode
remote control
+2 years warranty

Personally, I always disliked the original YGGY case. It irked me. I'm no longer irked looking at my stack. 😁 Also, it finally made it easy for me to switch form LIM to OG and back since I have both sets of boards. I'd been listening to to LIM for quite some time. Now I'm back to OG and preferring it.

YGGY sounds better with the oversampling on, so it comes down to whether a new case and new look and a remote is worth it to you.

Dec 20, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #11,273 of 12,314
FOMO is beginning to set in...
With the carrier services all in a mad scramble with last minute holiday deliveries I'll probably wait until after the new year before sending mine in.

Curious, what has the typical wait time been before being notified that they're ready for you to send yours in after you buy the upgrade?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back