Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Dec 9, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #10,711 of 12,283
i see... thanks. the only amps i own at the moment are the jot 2, lp, valhalla 2 and an incoming wa 3 . would those be okay with it
I have a jottenheim 2 in my computer set up. It is an outstanding amp for the money. A real bargain that hits way above its reasonable price. Not a bad preamp either. Using it with my ELAC Naviis active monitors. Makes for enjoyable listening.

Dec 9, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #10,712 of 12,283
I am still burning the Yggdragasil Og it is now 21 days. I am thinking maybe Sunday I will hook it up to my set up. I was looking at the photos of the boards on the unit and see there is a fuse on the board. Has anyone upgraded the fuse on their Yggdragasil ? If anyone has I would appreciate any opinions or observations of the results of upgrading the fuse. The fuse rating information would also be appreciated .

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #10,713 of 12,283
I am still burning the Yggdragasil Og it is now 21 days. I am thinking maybe Sunday I will hook it up to my set up. I was looking at the photos of the boards on the unit and see there is a fuse on the board. Has anyone upgraded the fuse on their Yggdragasil ? If anyone has I would appreciate any opinions or observations of the results of upgrading the fuse. The fuse rating information would also be appreciated .
😏

Dec 9, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #10,714 of 12,283
Last edited:
Dec 9, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #10,715 of 12,283
I think @johnjen has. He’ll probably see this since I tagged him.

Dec 10, 2021 at 5:00 AM Post #10,716 of 12,283
Ah yes, fuse upgrade.

Yes I have replaced the 'stock' fuse with a Synergistic Research Black fuse.
And yes it does make a noticeable improvement in my system.

Also note it requires taking the top cover off, so a deft hand and technical experience are required, especially when re-aligning the top cover during re-assembly so as to NOT strip out those tiny 4-40 screws and their seats.

Just say'n is all.

JJ

Dec 10, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #10,717 of 12,283
Ah yes, fuse upgrade.

Also note it requires taking the top cover off, so a deft hand and technical experience are required, especially when re-aligning the top cover during re-assembly so as to NOT strip out those tiny 4-40 screws and their seats.

Just say'n is all.

JJ
If you like the SR Black, you would love the newly released SR Purple. It's a real game changer.

Dec 10, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #10,718 of 12,283
Ah yes, fuse upgrade.

Just say'n is all.

JJ
Thanks for the reply. What is the fuse type(fast-slow), size (small-large) and the rating for the fuse? please . I want to order the fuse first so the info would be helpful. I think I may have a tech perform the swap. I myself like the hifi tuning supreme fuses. Thanks for the heads up about the cover removal and reassembly. I did see a you tube videos of a tech or person removing the cover it does look like a pretty involving process to do. So probably best to take it to a tech shop to do it.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #10,719 of 12,283
What if you don't like the sound of the Yggy once you hear it?

I guess I personally wouldn't be buying a fancy fuse for something I've never even heard before.

But that's just me being my boring, practical self.

Dec 10, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #10,720 of 12,283
What if you don't like the sound of the Yggy once you hear it?

I guess I personally wouldn't be buying a fancy fuse for something I've never even heard before.

But that's just me being my boring, practical self.
I know I will like it. I have the excellent bifrost 2 dac in my computer rig and I have heard it in my main rig. It made for a pretty involving listening session . So I know I will like it based on what I have read it has a similar sound signature to the yggdragasil dac. But even better and more resolved.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #10,721 of 12,283
I know I will like it. I have the excellent bifrost 2 dac in my computer rig and I have heard it in my main rig. It made for a pretty involving listening session . So I know I will like it based on what I have read it has a similar sound signature to the yggdragasil dac. But even better and more resolved.
Looking forward to hearing your impressions! Pre- and post- fuse upgrade :thumbsup:

Dec 10, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #10,722 of 12,283
You, of course, have to start the break-in over again with a different fuse! :deadhorse::ksc75smile::L3000:

Dec 11, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #10,723 of 12,283
If you like the SR Black, you would love the newly released SR Purple. It's a real game changer.
Yes indeed they are sublime.
I have one -a- them in the Purp Amp just so it's all color matched…
hahahahahahahaha

But wholey wallet drain, they's expensive…
It still makes me choke when I realize I'm spending over $200, for a fuse, ya know one of them sacrificial parts that is supposed to self immolate to save other parts downstream.

And if they didn't sound wonderful they would have been returned post haste.

JJ

Dec 11, 2021 at 12:15 AM Post #10,724 of 12,283
You, of course, have to start the break-in over again with a different fuse! :deadhorse::ksc75smile::L3000:
And SR states it can take 2-300 hrs of break in.
I only have ≈ 20 hrs thus far so it's hard to tell where I'll wind up when they are at their peak.

JJ

Dec 11, 2021 at 12:29 AM Post #10,725 of 12,283
Thanks for the reply. What is the fuse type(fast-slow), size (small-large) and the rating for the fuse? please . I want to order the fuse first so the info would be helpful. I think I may have a tech perform the swap. I myself like the hifi tuning supreme fuses. Thanks for the heads up about the cover removal and reassembly. I did see a you tube videos of a tech or person removing the cover it does look like a pretty involving process to do. So probably best to take it to a tech shop to do it.
pm sent

JJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back