Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Jan 28, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #6,827 of 12,405
I will not be listening for any differences, per se. I will be watching to see how I feel emotionally while listening.. Sometimes that is a good indicator.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #6,828 of 12,405
...............IMO, it is not easy to determine the SQ improvement of the new Yggy analog board.

Right. If it were easy or readily distinguishable, something would be "wrong".

.............Many folks don't know if they have the analog upgrade, due to the "blind" launch by Schiit.

The serial number would begin with the letter "B", although one may not know that is an upgrade with respect to an "A" serial number.

............Anyway, based on personal experience, the new analog board will make the Yggy sound more smooth, more "analog" in nature....
The edginess (if there was any, with Yggy #1) will be less edgy.
The sound stage and instrument definition will be better than Yggy #1.
The voices will simply blow you away.

May I ask how you know this? Granted, the assumption is you had an A and now have a B, however, if that is/were the case, are you stating then that you "remember" how the A sounded? IMO, In order to make any kind of *valid* comparison, one would need to have both an A and B unit simultaneously and then perform "controlled" listening tests between the two. Does that describe your case?

............ps. I am not affiliated with Schiit Audio, just a satisfied customer and loyal follower.

Me too.

Jan 28, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #6,830 of 12,405
You know, you're a real piece of work.
If you were having an issue with your previous Yggy, I'd bet it'd be alright if you were asking for some help (on the Yggy thread). Here's a guy asking for some help with a Yggy issue, who also has a physical issue which may be interfering with his explaining/posting, and you step in like you own the thread with nothing but negativity towards the guy. I sincerely hope you need help with something someday (no matter what it may be) and someone treats you like you treat others.

That's this guy's game. Condescending/rude/Know-It-All. He just ran into the same reaction to his 'comments' on another thread I follow.
He doesn't get it or doesn't care. Probably both.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #6,831 of 12,405
That's this guy's game. Condescending/rude/Know-It-All. He just ran into the same reaction to his 'comments' on another thread I follow.
He doesn't get it or doesn't care. Probably both.

Glad to see others agree.... He was sort of my "welcoming committee" in this thread, and almost caused me to unsubscribe.... Who needs that kind of jitter?

There are a few others that will jump in with the wolf pack as well. But, they seem only to be hit and runners.One hit wonders..

It seemed to me... Some do not want us to share and learn things to benefit getting better sound.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2018 at 1:27 AM Post #6,832 of 12,405
Yggy is already heavy on the bass, already thick in its tone (though incisive), with indeed a touch of greyness / glaring (not DS glaring of course), and it lacks something more open / airy / wide in the soundstage as it is undoubtly forward sounding.
Until now, feedbacks are pointing toward more thickness, more warmth and more centered soundstage...I'm not sure it's the way to go.

Ali

Jan 29, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #6,833 of 12,405
Just curious as to what you are comparing the Jggy to, in order to come to those conclusions.

When I compared my Jggy with my PWD mkI-II, I heard nearly the exact opposite from your description.

Just wondering is all.

JJ

Jan 29, 2018 at 1:53 AM Post #6,834 of 12,405
Any other DAC I've listened to aside my Yggy : RME HDSP card, Modi 2U, AMR DP-777, Metrum Amethyst, HiFimeDIY toys, Audio GD Master 7, etc...
Don't get me wrong, I like the heavy bass and details / edginess of the Yggy. But sometimes I feel more air would be a good thing. And what I read here and there is not pointing toward this. That's all.

Ali

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2018 at 4:33 AM Post #6,835 of 12,405
I see now.
Ah good to know, thanks for that.

JJ

Jan 29, 2018 at 5:02 AM Post #6,836 of 12,405
Jan 29, 2018 at 6:12 AM Post #6,838 of 12,405
Could you describe the power up sequence, in detail?

JJ

Jan 29, 2018 at 7:10 AM Post #6,839 of 12,405
Any other DAC I've listened to aside my Yggy : RME HDSP card, Modi 2U, AMR DP-777, Metrum Amethyst, HiFimeDIY toys, Audio GD Master 7, etc...
Don't get me wrong, I like the heavy bass and details / edginess of the Yggy. But sometimes I feel more air would be a good thing. And what I read here and there is not pointing toward this. That's all.

Ali

That "air" you describe could be the delta sigma ringing. A delta sigma artifact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back