Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Aug 14, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #571 of 12,393
It seems that Yggy production is ramping up nicely. I ordered mine on 7/31 with an expected delivery sometime in September, but I got a notice
today from Schiit that it has shipped. Should be here on Saturday, 8/15. Nice. 
cool.gif

Aug 14, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #572 of 12,393
Really hard to say at this point what caused the problem in the first place. 
I had JPlay, Fidelizer, and Process Lasso installed prior to the mishap, but I'm not too sure where they would have caused a problem?
Right now I'm back to a nice clean configuration of just the drivers and Foobar.   -   Sounds not too bad actually. 

Me too I guess; driver issues maybe?

Received Yggy yesterday. My previous setup has worked great (see signature), but after loading Gen 3 drivers I've had difficulty getting JPLAY to work with Yggy USB input. (Windows 7) Marcin at JPLAY helped get it working, but with a very limited range of settings. Perhaps my "leftover" bel canto drivers are fighting with Schiit's Gen 3 drivers?

Heading to the lake tomorrow & leaving Yggy at my kid's running a few hundred albums from his Windows player. Will get back into solving this in a week, then music listening will commence!!

Aug 14, 2015 at 4:58 AM Post #573 of 12,393
One of the reasons I prefer to use my DDC is because it is XMOS based and thus uses the well established Thesycon USB drivers.
I have had very good success with them paired with JPlay - and the ability to adjust latency / ASIO buffering is a big bonus!

I'm sure the Yggy's Gen3 drivers get the job done, but they don't look to be nearly as flexible IMO.

Aug 14, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #574 of 12,393
Me too I guess; driver issues maybe?

Received Yggy yesterday. My previous setup has worked great (see signature), but after loading Gen 3 drivers I've had difficulty getting JPLAY to work with Yggy USB input. (Windows 7) Marcin at JPLAY helped get it working, but with a very limited range of settings. Perhaps my "leftover" bel canto drivers are fighting with Schiit's Gen 3 drivers?

Heading to the lake tomorrow & leaving Yggy at my kid's running a few hundred albums from his Windows player. Will get back into solving this in a week, then music listening will commence!!

Have you uninstalled the previous drivers?  I have a crappy office windows 7 machine and no issues.  YMMV.  It's Windows...

Aug 14, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #578 of 12,393

Have you uninstalled the previous drivers?  I have a crappy office windows 7 machine and no issues.  YMMV.  It's Windows...

I don't think it's as much of a Windows issue so much as it is a Yggy / Gen3 driver / JPlay compatibility issue.

Depending on how JPlay is configured, it can demand a lot from a PC and/or a DAC (or equally a DDC).
Some DAC's and their drivers just don't play well with JPlay if they aren't capable of handling really tight latency.
This tends to limit the number of possible "useful" settings in JPlay.

This is why I prefer XMOS based devices with Thesycon Windows drivers.  They often are the most capable of dealing with very low latency which enables a wider range of possible configurations within JPlay.

Aug 14, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #581 of 12,393

I don't think it's as much of a Windows issue so much as it is a Yggy / Gen3 driver / JPlay compatibility issue.

Depending on how JPlay is configured, it can demand a lot from a PC and/or a DAC (or equally a DDC).
Some DAC's and their drivers just don't play well with JPlay if they aren't capable of handling really tight latency.
This tends to limit the number of possible "useful" settings in JPlay.

This is why I prefer XMOS based devices with Thesycon Windows drivers.  They often are the most capable of dealing with very low latency which enables a wider range of possible configurations within JPlay.

Well, glad it's working.  I use a Linux box for my home system.  Windows at work with bifrost sometimes does funky stuff (gen 2 drivers) on Windows 7.  Usually ok.

Aug 14, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #583 of 12,393
Hi all.   Excelent topic.

I live in Mex and looking to get into hi end sound/music.. I ordered my Yggi last aug 4th !!  coming sometime in Sep.  

I was reading the Yggi product description and owners manual about the locking feature of the clock, not always being able to re clock due to digital signal quality.

I wonder if any one can comment on the ability to get VCOX (lock for re clocking) ? and what particular setting yield to this positive result,

like wise, if any one have used a CD player into the Yggi trough either optical or coax inputs, and how the locking VCOX worked?

thanks, Julio.

Aug 14, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #584 of 12,393
I placed my iggy order on July 22nd, and cancelled on Wednesday!!

Funch ​you stole my iggy

blink.gif

Lol, I'm actually considering a CAD DAC, if I decide against it ill order another iggy. Once I have a good DAC to pair with my LAu arriving in November I'm good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back