Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Aug 16, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #601 of 12,405
Someone left their drink coasters on your Yggy.

Aug 16, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #602 of 12,405
Aug 17, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #603 of 12,405
This may seem like a silly question but in switching out the power cord - and thus turning off the power to the Yggy even for a few seconds - did you notice a deterioration in sound before it got better with the new cord?

I ask because I want to switch out the power cord on my Iggy (which has about 130 hours of play on it) but have been concerned based on all of the claims that shutting off the power to the Iggy for any period of time takes you back to ground zero, or something of the sort.

Thanks

Aug 17, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #604 of 12,405
  This may seem like a silly question but in switching out the power cord - and thus turning off the power to the Yggy even for a few seconds - did you notice a deterioration in sound before it got better with the new cord?

I ask because I want to switch out the power cord on my Iggy (which has about 130 hours of play on it) but have been concerned based on all of the claims that shutting off the power to the Iggy for any period of time takes you back to ground zero, or something of the sort.

Thanks

I sincerely doubt you'll go back to ground zero. What you want is temperature stability and the oscillator to settle which is what leaving it on guarantees you. Switching the cord quickly should not give you any problems unless you leave it for a long time where its cold again.

Aug 17, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #605 of 12,405
A number of posters have said on various Yggy threads that, once the Yggy has got past it's initial Burn-in phase, subsequent warm-up times are much faster. Which is much as I've experienced with other audiophile components - especially cool running ones. I.e., the Yggy isn't that unique IMO.

So swapping out power cords etc really shouldn't be a problem. 

Aug 17, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #606 of 12,405

Thanks

No, not at all.  If anything the improvement brought by switching PC's was immediate and far outweighed any possible degradation by having the Yggy powered off for a few minutes. 

Trust me, the Yggy does not go to gound zero by being switched off for a few minutes.  IMO that's just silly talk making the rounds...

Aug 17, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #607 of 12,405

Thanks

No, not at all.  If anything the improvement brought by switching PC's was immediate and far outweighed any possible degradation by having the Yggy powered off for a few minutes. 

Trust me, the Yggy does not go to gound zero by being switched off for a few minutes.  IMO that's just silly talk making the rounds...

This has been noted by quite a few users that powering off for a few minutes really doesn't set you back much ,if any. Also Mike Moffat recently made the comment somewhere (Schiit Show comments maybe?) that as the Yggdrasil accumulates more use, the time it takes for to come back to normal sound from a totally cold power up is much less than originally anticipated.

Aug 18, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #610 of 12,405
Excellent review by Dan:

http://headmania.org/2015/08/18/schiit-yggdrasil-dac-review/#comments

Thank you zeissiez. I loved Yggy and I found it to be an excellent DAC. If you add a better usb interface / transport you can get the most out of this DAC.

I think that it has the best performance ratio I've encountered until now. 

Aug 18, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #611 of 12,405
Excellent review by Dan:

http://headmania.org/2015/08/18/schiit-yggdrasil-dac-review/#comments

I thought I was reading an MSB Analog DAC review. 
basshead.gif
biggrin.gif

Peace!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back