Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Sep 6, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #5,671 of 12,353
Lol, that makes perfect sense to me, it's a good reason!

There is the mood effect with tubes. Sometimes I compare the V281 to the tubes and the V281 really has the tubes beat.
However tubes do bring a mood smile to your face. Occasionally they really just work. I had one of those sessions the other day.
Tubes just sounded so damn beautiful. It was not measurable or rational. However on that session and with my current mood nothing
could have beaten them.

Sep 6, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #5,673 of 12,353
While waiting for the Yggy to arrive (several weeks... Arrr) I put my Hugo out for sale and it went in 24h...

Good thing but too bad I won't be able to A/B with the Yggy... Damn!

Sep 6, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #5,674 of 12,353
@doraymon
just FYI, the shipping date for Schiit is an estimate, and just an estimate.

Mine was originally planned on Aug. 22. then moved to Sept. 14.... and well.. I got a shipping notification yesterday.

So you might get the Yggy earlier than expected, who knows.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #5,675 of 12,353
@doraymon
just FYI, the shipping date for Schiit is an estimate, and just an estimate.

Mine was originally planned on Aug. 22. then moved to Sept. 14.... and well.. I got a shipping notification yesterday.

So you might get the Yggy earlier than expected, who knows.
When I ordered mine the site was showing 14 September but the customer service told me they were not certain of the dates due to parts delay issues.
I have no idea when they will ship mine.

Sep 9, 2017 at 4:12 AM Post #5,676 of 12,353
Received my Yggdrasil on Thursday and has been messing with it since.

Also decided to try Roon and see how it pair with the new DAC.

How ever, for the life of me, I can't get Roon to run exclusive mode with the Yggdrasil with the default windows driver on Gen 5 usb....

Sep 9, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #5,679 of 12,353
I apologize in advance for the OT, but I got a quote for the Auralic combo Vega + Taurus MkII at 400$ less than the price for Yggy+Raggy...
And it ships on Monday if I order, very tempting! :L3000:
The ever returning question "which willsound better (to my ears)" cannot be answered, I can't audition the Schiit products here.
Damn!

Sep 9, 2017 at 7:52 AM Post #5,680 of 12,353
I apologize in advance for the OT, but I got a quote for the Auralic combo Vega + Taurus MkII at 400$ less than the price for Yggy+Raggy...
The ever returning question "which willsound better (to my ears)" cannot be answered, I can't audition the Schiit products here.
Damn!

I cannot speak for the Taurus but I sold a Vega to purchase the Yggy and it is much better... more natural and non-fatiguing. I would not own another Saber based DAC having owned several.

Sep 9, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #5,683 of 12,353
I knew it... I am condemned to wait for eternity...
Not that I disagree in this case, but in general a thread like this is a terrible place to ask a question like that lol. Ask it in the Auralic thread and you're more likely to get the opposite answer.

Received my Yggdrasil on Thursday and has been messing with it since.

Also decided to try Roon and see how it pair with the new DAC.

How ever, for the life of me, I can't get Roon to run exclusive mode with the Yggdrasil with the default windows driver on Gen 5 usb....
Hm... I'm trying to remember mine was mostly just plug and play... maybe I set it to max resolution in windows first in the audio settings?

Sep 9, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #5,684 of 12,353
Damn!
Ya know…
There's a reason why that pair is less expensive than the Jggy/Rok combo even though the list prices are +$300.

And I've yet to see anyone consider the Vega as a top tier dac.

Just say'n is all.

JJ

Sep 10, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #5,685 of 12,353
Anyone have thoughts on why my ifi ilink constantly triggers the Yggy mute relay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back