Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Mar 3, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #4,156 of 12,314
There's a variance. shielded, braided, cable of good physical quality with quality connectors aren't really a waste IMO. I'm not sure how we got from burning in a coax cable to this though. You also said your DIGITAL to DIGITAL converter needs a 200 hour burn in.

I just hate seeing stuff like this posted all over this site when people just talk out of their butts (you basically admitted you said that because the SALESMAN told you). Then the next person believe it without doing any research. Then the next. A whole horde of people just end up getting sucker'd into BS and end up spending a crap-load of money for nothing.

It's sad.

Yes the person who created the cable said burn in was needed. Otherwise by way of extension, we shouldn't trust anything Baldr has to say about the Yggy. 

I think we should keep the burn in talk restricted to the science forum. If you hear changes, or didn't hear changes due to burn in on the Yggy, feel free to post your opinions, but let's not turn this into a burn in debate.

Mar 3, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #4,159 of 12,314
Yes the person who created the cable said burn in was needed. Otherwise by way of extension, we shouldn't trust anything Baldr has to say about the Yggy. 

I think we should keep the burn in talk restricted to the science forum. If you hear changes, or didn't hear changes due to burn in on the Yggy, feel free to post your opinions, but let's not turn this into a burn in debate.
Yes what would Baldr know about it he just built it. I think he is a shill for the cable companies and AES/EBU converter people . You can't trust a thing he says. Tongue out of cheek.

Mar 3, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #4,160 of 12,314
I would say that cables and accessories etc...are like religion now; you have faith, try it else ignore, do not attack on others :).

In my religion, interconnects and power cables do make a difference, not sure about digital cable though. In my case I am using specialized feet under Yggy and that too brought in benefits. I have already had someone's wrath on this so please pardon me this time :).

Mar 3, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #4,161 of 12,314
I would say that cables and accessories etc...are like religion now; you have faith, try it else ignore, do not attack on others
smily_headphones1.gif

In my religion, interconnects and power cables do make a difference, not sure about digital cable though. In my case I am using specialized feet under Yggy and that too brought in benefits. I have already had someone's wrath on this so please pardon me this time
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm an audio atheist. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 3, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #4,162 of 12,314
I trust what Baldr says. but we're not talking about DACs and DAC input, we're talking about some guy saying his coax cable needs a 100 hr burn in, and a DDC needing 200 hours.

Whole lotta strawmen posting here. I just wish such claims were kept in the sound science forum and not here.

Mar 3, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #4,163 of 12,314
This discussion can only end badly.

Mar 3, 2017 at 8:59 PM Post #4,164 of 12,314
This discussion can only end badly.

I don't have strong feelings one way or the other. Then again I am not going to make fun of people because they believe something different than I do......

Mar 3, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #4,165 of 12,314
http://www.head-fi.org/t/561865/do-expensive-cables-make-a-difference-or-is-it-just-snakeoil/30#post_7596817

Mar 3, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #4,167 of 12,314
I trust what Baldr says. but we're not talking about DACs and DAC input, we're talking about some guy saying his coax cable needs a 100 hr burn in, and a DDC needing 200 hours.

Whole lotta strawmen posting here. I just wish such claims were kept in the sound science forum and not here.
I believe you miss read . They said they have burned in the amount but I don't believe the manufacturer recommend that. One said the maker said 16 hours not sure if it was the same person though. Straw men aside what claims are you referring too?

Mar 3, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #4,168 of 12,314
Pour, cue up Jeff Beck, settle
in for some "listener burn-in".

Mar 3, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #4,169 of 12,314
I believe you miss read . They said they have burned in the amount but I don't believe the manufacturer recommend that. One said the maker said 16 hours not sure if it was the same person though. Straw men aside what claims are you referring too?

I was the one that said the cable maker told me to let the coax cable burn in for 100 hours.

However, I went back and re-read the email thread. I was wrong. He said it takes "about 100 hours" for the XLR headphone cables he makes to burn in. My mistake.

Mar 3, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #4,170 of 12,314

About the 16 hours, it was me.

This was mentioned in the specs, but hell, its only 16 hours. I don't care playing them over night, I'm pretty sure when I listen in the morning it will sound the same as new.

I also mentioned that I don't believe in burn-in effect. Also, don't believe in expensive cables can improve sound, they may "change" the sound, for instance when I switched from copper to silver on the LCD 3s, they were surely brighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back