Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Oct 11, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #3,271 of 12,301
Every time you want an expensive coffee or fast food or other somewhat trivial thing, just save that bit of money in an "Yggy Fund." Over the past 3 months I have already saved ~300 dollars. It's a start! (Also, it is an eye opener; 300 dollars spent on coffee, beer, McDonalds, and such)

Oct 11, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #3,272 of 12,301
Too right :D

Oct 11, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #3,273 of 12,301
  it is amazing how good redbook sounds.  most people will never have equipment good enough to know, understandably so though at this price point.  or some just don't care!

There isn't 24bit for most of the music I listen to. I think I have like 3 24 bit albums.

D'angelo - Black Messiah
Daft Punk - ??????latest album
And a yes album

Oct 11, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #3,274 of 12,301
Every time you want an expensive coffee or fast food or other somewhat trivial thing, just save that bit of money in an "Yggy Fund." Over the past 3 months I have already saved ~300 dollars. It's a start! (Also, it is an eye opener; 300 dollars spent on coffee, beer, McDonalds, and such)
No beer !!! Shoot me now.

Oct 11, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #3,275 of 12,301
No beer !!! Shoot me now.

Lol I have cut out most beer and fast food, and once I have become a better cook, I hope to cut out going out to eat. I really miss the beer but I have lost twenty pounds and saving up for a impossible dream and saving up for the Utopia or perhaps the Cavalli Liquid Tungsten.:)

Oct 11, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #3,276 of 12,301
Lol I have cut out most beer and fast food, and once I have become a better cook, I hope to cut out going out to eat. I really miss the beer but I have lost twenty pounds and saving up for a impossible dream and saving up for the Utopia or perhaps the Cavalli Liquid Tungsten.:)
I lost about 50 in a year and a half but still will not give up beer no way no how. I would pick the Liquid Tungsten it is way too good. Drinking a Hofbrau Muchen Dunkel as we speek. The LT is almost too good for words you just have to hear it.

Oct 12, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #3,281 of 12,301
VCX/VCXO . Middle LED in the right side.
From the downloadable users manual at their website:-

Hey, the “buy better gear” light came on. What does that mean?
That means you have a crap source. Yggdrasil analyzes the incoming
center frequency and jitter to determine if it can use VCXO reclocking,
which requires a precise center frequency and reasonably low jitter.
If it cannot use VCXO regeneration, it switches to VCO regeneration,
which still provides orders of magnitude improvement in the
reconstructed clock. However, the source is still crap. Yes, even
if it’s a $10000 CD player you purchased 15 years ago. Those go
off-frequency all the time.

Oct 13, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #3,284 of 12,301
Oct 13, 2016 at 12:30 AM Post #3,285 of 12,301
If the yggy's. "Need better equipment light" does not come on is there any SQ value to further reducing the jitter on the incoming stream?

In a word, yes!

Using a few more words…
Re-clocking, choice of inputs (AES vs SPDIF rca vs SPDIF bnc vs USB), all can yield different results depending upon the other related gear in the system.

JJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back