Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Aug 15, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #3,034 of 12,381
After your Yggy settles in I bet you'll be:

edit: Hopefully I did that right. My first attempt at an animated gif...

Aug 17, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #3,036 of 12,381
I want to freaking punch fedex I swear! Supposed to deliver today. Website said it was on the truck out for delivery. I waited around all flipping day. I had the front door open so I didn't miss him. Left the AC off in 90 degree weather just in case so I could hear him. Dying of heat all day. Then I see the idiot drive right by looking all lost and slowing down. Then just takes off, I can tell he's like....oh well screw it. Doesn't even swing back around to look again. Then the website later says No attempt made, resheduled for tomorrow. I call fedex to get this idiot back or get him on the phone but they are about worthless. That's nice, so now I get to wait another entire day for him, if maybe he can even find my house this time. Maybe he'll decide to not look again. 

Aug 17, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #3,037 of 12,381
  I want to freaking punch fedex I swear! Supposed to deliver today. Website said it was on the truck out for delivery. I waited around all flipping day. I had the front door open so I didn't miss him. Left the AC off in 90 degree weather just in case so I could hear him. Dying of heat all day. Then I see the idiot drive right by looking all lost and slowing down. Then just takes off, I can tell he's like....oh well screw it. Doesn't even swing back around to look again. Then the website later says No attempt made, resheduled for tomorrow. I call fedex to get this idiot back or get him on the phone but they are about worthless. That's nice, so now I get to wait another entire day for him, if maybe he can even find my house this time. Maybe he'll decide to not look again. 

wow.. that is a major load of BS. I feel your frustration. Have a cold beer and MUCH better luck tomorrow!

Aug 17, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #3,038 of 12,381
  wow.. that is a major load of BS. I feel your frustration. Have a cold beer and MUCH better luck tomorrow!

I don't even have a cold beer in the fridge :frowning2: lol. Wish I did now. Guess some cold ice tea will have to do.
 Well my wires, usb cable and power cord ends are all sitting placed ready to plug right in. That thing is going in like I'm competing in the Olympics for a gold :D

Aug 17, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #3,039 of 12,381
I don't even have a cold beer in the fridge :frowning2: lol. Wish I did now. Guess some cold ice tea will have to do.
 Well my wires, usb cable and power cord ends are all sitting placed ready to plug right in. That thing is going in like I'm competing in the Olympics for a gold :D
It will take warm up for about a week to really get going but it sounds pretty good right off the bat.

Aug 18, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #3,043 of 12,381

Ohhh those amps :)  I love the nuforce amp sound.

Yeah once I went to nuforce I couldn't go back to anything else. Unbelievable how much power and watts those little things put out. But with amazing detail and nuance and depth too. You can't see on there but these are actually the V3 SE's. I modded them slightly by putting on some solid copper binding posts. That actually made quite an improvement. Along with some solid copper RCA but I use the balanced now. From the solid copper binding posts I made my own wire out of ridiculously thick 1/0 AWG wire and used all copper spades. No crappy gold plated brass anywhere, I took all the brass out of my entire systems connections. Made a massive improvement in naturalness and realism.

I custom made my speakers using the jordan eikona 2. Full range driver, so no crossovers. It's unreal how much clarity and cohesion you get with no crossovers. Copper binding posts on those too. It's crazy how immense my soundstage is. vocals are like 8 feet in the air, about the ceiling line. Sometimes higher. And sound can reach out beside the listening chair or behind me on the right tracks. And be very clear like someone is actually standing next to me talking in my ear (like in roger waters). Or the part where the horse comes from behind me on the left, rides to the front left speaker, rides across the center to the front right speaker, then rides from the front right speaker to behind me on the right. Like a huge life size horse going all around me. 

Anyway. The Yggy sounds good out of the box. It has a very clean and precise sound. The bass is a crazy amount. Very tight though. Been breaking it in for 10 hours now. Definitely getting better. It's still a little to forceful. I hope it mellows out more and relaxes a bit. Would like it to handle subtle nuances a little more tenderly. My last DAC sounded a lot more organic and natural and cohesive. The yggy has a very dark background and tight separation. Definitely better with the USB regen too. You can hear that bit perfect DAC chip at work. But maybe to precise? You know how in the matrix neo suddenly starts seeing everything in code? I feel like the yggy kind of touches on that, like I'm seeing code of the music bits and it needs to pull them all together a tad better to make a real picture and not be hearing the code. But then every now and then I'm like....neo and go....."WOE".... that sounds awesome. So I hope I keep getting more of that more often. To be fair my nuforce DAC did the same thing when I switched over to balanced and some new wires. That same forceful sound (like you took the mixing board levers and pushed them all up all together). It took a week or two to mellow out. I can definitely see the yggy over time and breaking in being amazing. 

Aug 21, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #3,044 of 12,381
Finally took the leap of faith and bought from local store. Was told this is the last stock from the distributor.
When just turned on and I couldn't believed what I have lost listening to Teac UD-501.
Now 48hrs, bass slam and quality has improved. Waiting to reach 160hrs.

Atmosphere in Ayumi Hamasaki's concerts sounded just like when I went for her concerts sitting at 10th row at where the sound console usually is.

Aug 22, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #3,045 of 12,381
I am about to start using Sonos Connect as a streamer to my Yggy - I understand that the stock Connect is not the greatest sounding source due to high jitter, but that using the Wyred 4 Sound Remedy reclocker makes a world of difference. Has anyone used the Sonos through the Remedy to the Yggy? If so does it make an appreciable improvement? Thanks for any feedback
Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back