Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Mar 17, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #2,132 of 12,406
Guys,
A person's choice to purchase DAC (a) vs. DAC (b) is their own and they definitely don't need to be whacked over the head about their decision.

Even though the poster did ask about his decision - let's be sure to keep our responses civil and constructive
wink.gif

Now...... Back on with the show!  
popcorn.gif

Mar 17, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #2,133 of 12,406
Great comment Jamiee. Since I have both DACs in question I can get whacked over the head from either camp. Glad I have a really hard head.

Back to the regularly scheduled show.

PS   Anyone coming to the NC Can Fest Meet this weekend I will have both DACs with me.
Quote:
  Guys,
A person's choice to purchase DAC (a) vs. DAC (b) is their own and they definitely don't need to be whacked over the head about their decision.

Even though the poster did ask about his decision - let's be sure to keep our responses civil and constructive
wink.gif

Now...... Back on with the show!  
popcorn.gif

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #2,134 of 12,406
Are you kidding me? This is how you respond to everyone who doesn't agree with your DAC ideology? BTW I have a Gustard X20, Schiit Yggydrasil and a Gungnir multibit and a few others. The Gustard in my large system is the better DAC. The Gustard excels in detail resolution and creation of the recorded space. I could happily live with the Yggydrasil if I didn't have the Gustard but I keep it in my headphone rig. YMMV.

Judging from your post count, I suspect a troll....This can't possibly happen.

No, this is how I responded to this specific post that appeared to really come from far left field. I haven't heard this Gustard, but it didn't look like we were comparing apples to apples here.  I'll bet I wasn't the only one who thought the same thing. Glad you are enjoying your Gustard.

Mar 17, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #2,135 of 12,406
Here ya go Chilie, This is why I bought mine.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/780385/gustard-x20-dac

Quote:

No, this is how I responded to this specific post that appeared to really come from far left field. I haven't heard this Gustard, but it didn't look like we were comparing apples to apples here.  I'll bet I wasn't the only one who thought the same thing. Glad you are enjoying your Gustard.

Mar 17, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #2,136 of 12,406
Received shipping notification today. Took a while since I ordered mine 2/11/16. They say all good things come to those who wait.

Mar 19, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #2,138 of 12,406
I'm holding off my purchase of the Yggy until Schiit offers the black finish again. It must have been something like 8 months since the last batch of black Yggys were offered. One other thing, we're coming up on its one year release date, I think an update is due to allow (X8) Hz rate.

Mar 19, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #2,139 of 12,406
I have had the Yggdrasil since August, 2015.....I have tried it powered up for 2 weeks at a time and have it turned off and then power it up for varying lengths of time......Once it has been on for about 30 minutes it seems to reach peak performance....I cannot hear a difference.  Have compared it to Bryston BDA-2, NAD M51 and Bricasti......Yggdrasil sounds the best....my two cents.  I run a M50/M52 combination via a Transparent AES/EBU connection:  sounds wonderful.....

Mar 19, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #2,140 of 12,406
I'm holding off my purchase of the Yggy until Schiit offers the black finish again. It must have been something like 8 months since the last batch of black Yggys were offered. One other thing, we're coming up on its one year release date, I think an update is due to allow (X8) Hz rate.

I'm waiting for Bliggy as well. I'm also waiting to see what Schiit does in general towards mid-year / Munich High End. 

After demoing both the Yiggy and the Gumby, I am still torn. They are both great. The Yiggy just goes that extra bit to offer that addictive blend of musicality and depth. Then again, I keep wondering what I could do with the $1K savings by buying the Gumby! I could buy something like the Intona USB isolaor that might even bring the Gumby closer to the Yiggy in terms of a cleaner signal and adding more depth to the music. Plus have a good of change for other goodies.

Mar 19, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #2,141 of 12,406

I'm waiting for Bliggy as well. I'm also waiting to see what Schiit does in general towards mid-year / Munich High End. 

After demoing both the Yiggy and the Gumby, I am still torn. They are both great. The Yiggy just goes that extra bit to offer that addictive blend of musicality and depth. Then again, I keep wondering what I could do with the $1K savings by buying the Gumby! I could buy something like the Intona USB isolaor that might even bring the Gumby closer to the Yiggy in terms of a cleaner signal and adding more depth to the music. Plus have a good of change for other goodies.

The Gumby is very good.  It did however make me want to see how much better the Yggy was.   If you just want to be done with it , go for the end game Yggy.

Mar 19, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #2,142 of 12,406

For what? The all of a handful of albums out there at higher than 192 kHz? 
smile.gif

Mar 20, 2016 at 12:27 AM Post #2,144 of 12,406

For what? The all of a handful of albums out there at higher than 192 kHz? 
smile.gif

We support the 99% of available music/software.  This is much more the real deal and much less a specmanship hand job of very limited use.  Also, any future contemplated upgrades will be offered at prices which will not penalize earlier Yggy buyers.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Mar 20, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #2,145 of 12,406
We support the 99% of available music/software.  This is much more the real deal and much less a specmanship hand job of very limited use.  Also, any future contemplated upgrades will be offered at prices which will not penalize earlier Yggy buyers.

Too late for me to wait. Mine will arrive Wednesday. Thank God I am just one of the 99%. Using my Yggy in a Schiit stack decoding mostly red book cds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back