Schiit Valhalla with HD600's
Mar 3, 2012 at 12:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

100+ Head-Fier
I am considering a pairing of a Schitt Valhalla with a pair of Sennheiser HD600's.  If anyone has this combo, or has listening experience with it, could you comment on how they work together?  Would the 650's be a better choice?  I listen mostly to classical, with some 60's-80's rock tossed into the mix.

Thanks!

Mar 3, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #2 of 8
I've heard the HD650 with the Schiit Valhalla and thought it was a great combo.  I've never heard the HD600.

Apr 17, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #3 of 8
I recommend the hd 600. The hd 650 are a little more dark sounding, better (not the best)for genres like rap, techno, and genres with bass. The 600 are a more even sounding than the 650s.

Apr 18, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #4 of 8
HD650 is better allrounder especially if you like classical. I have the HD650 and it's incredible.

Apr 18, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #5 of 8
Just don't buy schiit gear for their 5 year warranty, because if you sell the gear - even if it's 1 week old - they claim their warranty isn't transferrable to the new owner you're selling it to. So unless you plan on keeping it, I'd go with some other company who stands by their product a bit more than schiit does.

Sold my schiit asgard after just a few months and had plans to buy valhalla or lyr and the bifrost, but after getting a mail from schiit about how they won't honor the warranty period if you sell your item to someone else, it was out of the question. Had to dump the asgard in price when selling it on because of that. Lesson learned, never buying shiit again.

Apr 19, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #6 of 8
Wow it's incredible they don't transfer the waranty. Ray Samuel is and the quality of his gear seems way better, at least he stands by it by transfering waranty to second hand buyers. I guess they have loads of returns..

Apr 20, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #7 of 8
The booklet for the Bifrost says the warranty period will be determined by customer submitted receipts, otherwise the date of manufacture will be used.  How will they know if you are the original owner if you just say you don't have the receipt anymore?

Apr 24, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #8 of 8
I'd like to revive this old thread. I too am wondering whether pairing the HD600s with the Schiit Valhalla is a good idea. I'm currently using a HRT Music Streamer II and a Schiit Valhalla, and I only ever listen to classical and some alternative rock. Will a HD600 or HD650 suit me better? I've read many threads claiming that the Valhalla helps to brighten and "neutralise" the darkness of the HD650s, a pair known for its dark sonic colouration. I fear my Valhalla will make the sound too bright for my liking. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back