Schiit Urd Impressions thread
Mar 21, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #76 of 84
I don't post on here much but I'm on my 3rd URD and all of them have had the same issue. It just completely locks up and won't be responsive to anything. The first 2 only lasted about a week or so and this most recent one lasted about 6 months or so. Unfortunately I think I'm out of my refund window and just going to have to sell it.
You ought to have a conversation with Schiit’s support about that. What you have found is strange and they should investigate.

Mar 21, 2024 at 1:23 PM Post #77 of 84
It just completely locks up and won't be responsive to anything.
Yeah same issue here since new. It only seems to happen for me after its been idle for a while. Come back to it, press play, frozen and unresponsive. My Urd has been back for service as well and still has the freezing issue. Just using it as a transport via AES.

The work around I've found is to press the stop button first whenever I come back to use it. This seems to "wake it up" and its fine as long as I press the stop button first before any other action.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2024 at 1:45 PM Post #78 of 84
Yeah same issue here since new. It only seems to happen for me after its been idle for a while. Come back to it, press play, frozen and unresponsive. My Urd has been back for service as well and still has the freezing issue. Just using it as a transport via AES.

The work around I've found is to press the stop button first whenever I come back to use it. This seems to "wake it up" and its fine as long as I press the stop button first before any other action.
Same exact issue, I'm using the AES also.

Mar 21, 2024 at 4:45 PM Post #81 of 84
I tried posting there, it was deleted and soon after Jason asked to keep support off that thread... <because that thread has so much important focus on literally NOTHING>
yes, I'm bitter, and yes, I eliminated Urd from my life...

Sorry to hear others are dealing with problems, shouldn't be that way with a luxury product like the Urd.

Mar 21, 2024 at 4:49 PM Post #82 of 84
I tried posting there, it was deleted and soon after Jason asked to keep support off that thread... <because that thread has so much important focus on literally NOTHING>
yes, I'm bitter, and yes, I eliminated Urd from my life...

Sorry to hear others are dealing with problems, shouldn't be that way with a luxury product like the Urd.
I empathize.

Apr 14, 2024 at 2:23 PM Post #84 of 84
In terms of how this works how will urd be seen on my pc/roon

If I used say roon or tidal and had wasapi exclusive playback would it be to the urd or to the dac connected to the urd?

Does roon see the urd or the dac conneceted to it?

when playing music does it output to all outputs at once or selected outputs? And if its selected does the selection have to be made pc side or on the urd?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back