Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier
Dec 16, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #286 of 1,999
I don't understand your story, what do banks and faxes have to do with buying an amp? And Schiits customer service has been great for me so far, my one nitpick being that I had to pay $70 shipping to send my broken amp back to them.

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #287 of 1,999
popcorn.gif

I used PayPal.  Waited 6 weeks.  Authorization fell off the account by the time the order was ready, so Schiit emailed me and then sent me a PayPal invoice.  I paid it, they shipped the amp.  Everything was super smooth.

Sorry you, your bank, and Schiit aren't in sync.  One of those three things probably needs to be more adaptable, and it looks like you've settled on you.  Good call.  Enjoy whatever amp you decide to go with!

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #288 of 1,999

popcorn.gif

I used PayPal.  Waited 6 weeks.  Authorization fell off the account by the time the order was ready, so Schiit emailed me and then sent me a PayPal invoice.  I paid it, they shipped the amp.  Everything was super smooth.

Sorry you, your bank, and Schiit aren't in sync.  One of those three things probably needs to be more adaptable, and it looks like you've settled on you.  Good call.  Enjoy whatever amp you decide to go with!

it wont hurt if they sent a fax at least.... its not this hard... yes my bank is dumb, but its the same for all the banks... 

since more than 7 days passed etc, the amount got frozen, so unless the seller contact the bank by fax, it will stay like this for 30 days

basicly shciit audio dont want to contact them and they canceled my order....  how will that make anyone feel? ofc not cool

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #289 of 1,999
A. I don't think that's how all banks work.  If a pre-authorization isn't fully charged in a set amount of time, it just falls off.  You shouldn't need to tell your bank to stop holding the funds that Schiit never claimed, while still not allowing Schiit to claim them.  That doesn't sound like Schiit's problem.  

B. Who the hell still has a fax machine?  Is your Olde Timey bank still using wrought iron lock boxes and a sheriff with a huntin' dog to guard your cash?  You should be yelling at the bank to release the funds, not at Schiit for not sending them a telegraph.

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #290 of 1,999
np i will just wait till 27th.... also this happened many times, last time with Amazon, and then sent a fax to my bank and things got solved in less than 2 hours

sadly this time Alex told me (3 min ago) he wont send a fax, and told me to pay for the new invoice on 27th.... 

i was looking forward to enjoy the amp in my 3 weeks vacation...  which will go in vain now.

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #291 of 1,999
Also, Schiit's customer service is good.  They may be a bit terse and to the point for some people, but that's okay because they're doing their job quickly.  That style can come across as a bit arrogant, but again, they're effective, so they get a pass.

Ragnaroks are in high demand and low supply, so giving your order away because they don't know when / if you'll actually be able to pay makes business sense, given the attitude noted above.  Engineers.

Sorry about the hassle you're going through, but I assure you that complaining here will not end well for you.

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #292 of 1,999
np

Sorry about the hassle you're going through, but I assure you that complaining here will not end well for you.

i know... at least i will be able to order again on 25th or 27th... :< 

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #293 of 1,999
  it wont hurt if they sent a fax at least.... its not this hard... yes my bank is dumb, but its the same for all the banks... 

since more than 7 days passed etc, the amount got frozen, so unless the seller contact the bank by fax, it will stay like this for 30 days

basicly shciit audio dont want to contact them and they canceled my order....  how will that make anyone feel? ofc not cool

Status: Orders placed now will ship in 2-3 working weeks. Your card will not be charged until the order ships.

You're mad because Schiit doesn't want to argue with your bank over their policies? It sounds like you should have worked out the details with the bank and Schiit before you placed the order. You knew before you ordered it would take more than 7 days, and the charge wouldn't come until shipping, so how is that Schiit's fault?

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #295 of 1,999

Status: Orders placed now will ship in 2-3 working weeks. Your card will not be charged until the order ships.

You're mad because Schiit doesn't want to argue with your bank over their policies? It sounds like you should have worked out the details with the bank and Schiit before you placed the order. You knew before you ordered it would take more than 7 days, and the charge wouldn't come until shipping, so how is that Schiit's fault?

nah i didnt know about the 7 days rule too

but np i did sort it out with Alex, he is a nice person, though he dont want to involve in anyway with the bank :p  

but np i will wait... at least Alex told me that he will do his best so i dont wait a lot, and i have till the end of this month. 

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #297 of 1,999
  nah i didnt know about the 7 days rule too

but np i did sort it out with Alex, he is a nice person, though he dont want to involve in anyway with the bank :p  

but np i will wait... at least Alex told me that he will do his best so i dont wait a lot, and i have till the end of this month. 

Yeah, I don't think it's anyone's fault, but I know it's frustrating. I'm sure you'll get things worked out and you'll be a happy camper--life usually rewards the persistent.
beerchug.gif

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #299 of 1,999

I didn't think anyone had a heart blacker than Dick Cheney, but I'll need to reconsider.
evil_smiley.gif

Until cizx survives 5 heart attacks he can't be compared to Cheney.

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #300 of 1,999

Users who are viewing this thread

Back