Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier
Nov 28, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #226 of 2,027
can the Ragnarok drive the HE-6 ? i assume it can :p

Nov 28, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #227 of 2,027
  Just placed my Order <3  and in three weeks we are going to have a three weeks vacation!!!!

then the final exams :<  so studying or listening to Ragnarok, is going to be a hard choice :p 

Congrats on your Rag.
And good luck for your final exam.

Nov 28, 2014 at 5:05 AM Post #228 of 2,027

Congrats on your Rag.
And good luck for your final exam.

Thanks ^^ don't know how will i study with the Ragnarok in front of me XD

Nov 28, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #231 of 2,027

Yes. Very comfortably. It's my favorite HE-6 amp so far.

should i use the HE-6 with low gain? since it does have low ohms.

Nov 28, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #232 of 2,027
  should i use the HE-6 with low gain? since it does have low ohms.

Probably best to experiment with what you prefer. Lower gain means it's not going to get as loud. I don't have any evidence that there's any disadvantage/advantage beyond that you may want more of the "sweet spot" (i.e. the level at which you normally listen) to be in-range of the attenuation adjustments.

Nov 28, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #233 of 2,027

Probably best to experiment with what you prefer. Lower gain means it's not going to get as loud. I don't have any evidence that there's any disadvantage/advantage beyond that you may want more of the "sweet spot" (i.e. the level at which you normally listen) to be in-range of the attenuation adjustments.

usually i avoid using high gain with low ohms headphones to avoid cracking/damaging the drivers, thats why i asked around first, and always read about HE-6 needing more power, though it does have a low output impedance requirement, which confused me even more.

so i guess when i get one i can play around with low and medium gain, hmm i will see. 

Nov 28, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #235 of 2,027
  usually i avoid using high gain with low ohms headphones to avoid cracking/damaging the drivers, thats why i asked around first, and always read about HE-6 needing more power, though it does have a low output impedance requirement, which confused me even more.

so i guess when i get one i can play around with low and medium gain, hmm i will see. 

It is not the impedance of the headphone, it is the sensitivity that matters more. You can have low impedance headphone with very low sensitivity. 

Nov 28, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #236 of 2,027
So does anyone in Philadelphia have a Rag?

I'm from Philadelphia and have a Rag :)...but unfortunately I live in Virginia :frowning2:

Nov 29, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #237 of 2,027
  Accepted delivery of my "Rag" last Tuesday evening, (Fed-Ex had actually outsourced to a subcontractor to deliver it to me in Orlando, Fl.).  Connected it to my stereo system via my dedicated output to my other Schiit...(Asgard 2 and Lyr)...Finally had the pleasure of listening to my relatively newly acquired "Classic"/Non-Fazor tech. Audeze LCD-2.2's...all I can say was that despite the significant expenditure...WOW!...

More open/more spacious sound-stage, appreciably more refined treble, and bass as I have never heard it before...deeper, FAR more impact-full, and not surprisingly, encouraging me to continue turning up the volume because things are SO clean...must watch be careful regarding this effect...

Speaking of turning up the volume...I am listening to my LCD-2.2's on the medium gain setting, with the indicator on the volume knob at a setting between 2 P.M. to 3 P.M., and wondering if this is normal for these headphones...wondering if I would be better served by utilizing the high gain setting instead...any one with experience wish to make suggestions?

Also, being in "Sunny Florida", my "Rag" also becomes somewhat "warm", and wondering if elevating the unit an inch or more would be advantageous...I recall Goldendarko having tried the "Vibrapod" cones and bases...and wonder how they are working...are they melting or otherwise deforming?  Anyone with experience regarding these or other feet/supports?

Meanwhile, I am enjoying my music collection almost anew, and now want to try other cans with my new favorite amp...wondering if a "fazored" LCD-3, LCD-X, or perhaps a pair of  Mr. Speakers Alpha Dogs would best complement my 2.2's, along with my trusty old Senn. HD-650's...the idea of a sealed, high-end pair of headphones rather appealing...

Peace/Namaste

P.S.  Still VERY curious regarding how the "Rag" would drive a small pair of Magnepan speakers...perhaps the desk-tops if not the .7's when they finally come out... 

Nov 29, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #238 of 2,027
Thanks for the initial impressions, can't wait for more ^^

Nov 29, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #239 of 2,027
Goldendarko...If memory serves, you tried the Vibrapods/cones under your "Rag"...Any feedback on how those vibrapods/cones are faring under there?...I am considering elevating my "Rag" just a bit higher to provide a little more ventilation space below the amp...otherwise, if they are NOT doing well under there, have you tried any other solutions?

Peace/Namaste...

P.S.  If they ARE doing well, then I want to place an order ASAP...I am sure Audio Advisor would love to make a sale...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back