Schiit products, shipping to Canada?
Feb 2, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #16 of 39
Try Bay-Bloor Radio, never been there but heard they have HD800s for audiotion

Quote:
Living in Canada is worst when you want to shop around.

I wanted to get Woo Amp but ended up getting Burson 160DS cause I manage to find the local store here in Toronto.

I also want to order Ultrasone Ed 8 and HD800 but can't find any local stores that matches US price. :frowning2: damn duty fees !!

Do you mind if I ask what website you ordered the 650's from?
Quote:
No no, $45 of tax of handling fees - no duty. When I ordered my HD650's from the US, customs didn't slap anything on.

I guess I shouldn't complain, but In the US it's pretty much $250 + $20 of shipping, I ended up paying about $345 for the damn thing! Oh well, I guess many people here are familiar with it - start with a budget of $200, end up paying $350...

Feb 2, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #17 of 39
Thought I'd update. So, in the space of a month, I picked up the Bifrost and the Lyr. Both wound up having a very similar declared value, both shipped by USPS. The Bifrost got through with no additional fees beyond the shipping paid (so no tax, duty, brokerage, etc). The Lyr did get caught and I had to pony up $60+ in taxes. Again, no duty or other fees.

It really comes down to luck on the USPS stuff as to whether you'll get tagged for taxes. As for UPS or other carriers... I try never to use them.

Feb 2, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #18 of 39
I got the 650 from Razordogdeals on ebay, made an offer for $330 and it went through. Ended up paying $375 total and the 2 year warranty works in Canada. They declared it as "gift" with a $75 value.

Feb 13, 2012 at 8:06 AM Post #19 of 39

Quote:
Try Bay-Bloor Radio, never been there but heard they have HD800s for audiotion

Thanks !, I went to Bay Bloor Radio several times already, I spent good hours to test Grados PS/GS, Senn's HD800, HD650, Denon 7k, 5k, 2k, pretty much everything that they have it there.

Basically Bay Bloor Radio is overpriced retail store, there were selling Denon 7k for $999 plus tax which I ended up paying $700 tax, shipping included from MostlyDigital. So I say about $400 overpriced.

I even emailed Bay Bloor Radio if they are willing to reduce some prices on few headphones but no replies, haha,

Feb 13, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #20 of 39

Quote:
Thanks !, I went to Bay Bloor Radio several times already, I spent good hours to test Grados PS/GS, Senn's HD800, HD650, Denon 7k, 5k, 2k, pretty much everything that they have it there.

Basically Bay Bloor Radio is overpriced retail store, there were selling Denon 7k for $999 plus tax which I ended up paying $700 tax, shipping included from MostlyDigital. So I say about $400 overpriced.

I even emailed Bay Bloor Radio if they are willing to reduce some prices on few headphones but no replies, haha,

Was the Denon 7k on sale?  Right now it is $939.  Thanks for letting me know about this store Mostly Digital.  

Feb 15, 2012 at 4:33 AM Post #21 of 39

Quote:
I got the 650 from Razordogdeals on ebay, made an offer for $330 and it went through. Ended up paying $375 total and the 2 year warranty works in Canada. They declared it as "gift" with a $75 value.

Was that shipped by UPS, I'm currently doing the same and was wondering about his eBay page saying that it has $10 brokerage fee for UPS, but UPS has so many fees that they tack on besides brokerage that it makes one hesitant to us them.

Feb 15, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #22 of 39

Quote:
Was the Denon 7k on sale?  Right now it is $939.  Thanks for letting me know about this store Mostly Digital.  

Denon AH-D7000 is listed $929 plus tax and plus shipping at Mostly Digital, (was not on sale)
I believe the manager was Randy, I called him and I brought down the deal to $700 including tax, shipping was extra $16.

Also JR Audio was willing to give me for $625 plus shipping but it's from US.

Feb 15, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #23 of 39

Quote:

Denon AH-D7000 is listed $929 plus tax and plus shipping at Mostly Digital, (was not on sale)
I believe the manager was Randy, I called him and I brought down the deal to $700 including tax, shipping was extra $16.

Also JR Audio was willing to give me for $625 plus shipping but it's from US.

Thanks very much.  Appreciate it!

Sep 4, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #24 of 39
I got some nice places that sell headphones for a pretty good price, and also to ship schiit products. So the first online dealer for headphones is http://www.headphoneshop.ca/en/ I order from them before fast service, and they always have some kind of coupon code, 10-25% off their products. For schiit products I found an online dealer through their main website, http://www.headphonebar.com/ Headphone shop offers free shipping if you order i think more than 200? i forgot, i am not too sure about headphonebar never ordered from them. They all have warranties from the manufacture. So you guys can sort of skip the UPS crazy fees. 

Sep 6, 2012 at 5:06 AM Post #26 of 39
headphonebar.com is based in vancouver and is only 20 bucks more and shipping is 5 bucks.

Feb 11, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #28 of 39
Electronics made in the U.S. are not charged an extra duty, but there will be sales tax owing, and a brokerage charge to collect that sales tax.

If you ship by USPS, Canadapost charges $5 for brokerage. If you ship by FedEx or UPS express, they don't charge brokerage if you have an account, I think it's $10 if you don't have an account. If you ship by FedEx or UPS ground standard, BEWARE, they've been known to charge crazy fees to broker shipments.

For Schitt and Audeze gear, I'd rather buy directly from the manufacturer than deal with a middleman, especially if anything goes wrong under warranty.

Feb 11, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #29 of 39
You will most likely be hit with some sort of custom charges (i.e. taxes) by the sure weight of the box and if the word electronics is on the declared forum. They look for that stuff and will charge you 99% of the time. 

Feb 11, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #30 of 39
I just ordered a schiit magni and had it shipped to canada and cost me about 30$ not to bad if you ask me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back