Schiit Modius discussion - $199 balanced AK4493 DAC
Jun 17, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #271 of 941
Yes that is what I said. Seriously, come with an argument worth making. For the record I used to spend money on DACs, I had the NAD M51 which is a solidly engineered piece of kit. I am quite glad that I sold it and the Chord Mojo at the same time. My SMSL M200 sounds every bit as nice, has more features and was quite a bit less expensive. I'm happy.
Not looking to argue at all actually. Happy you found your nirvana cheap.

Jun 17, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #273 of 941
Not looking to argue at all actually. Happy you found your nirvana cheap.
I wouldn't go so far as to say Nirvana, just very happy and at almost $400 I also wouldn't say cheap, I would say affordable.

Jun 17, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #274 of 941
Listening to "Nutshell" by Alice in Chains with Modi Multibit and Vali 2, K7XX headphones.

This DAC/amp pairing is a lot more emotional and beautiful sounding than Jot/Modius. Not as resolving or something I can zoom in on as much, but the big picture is a stunning one.

Jun 17, 2020 at 10:23 PM Post #275 of 941
Back to Jot/Modius with "Forfeit" by Chevelle, with the Aeolus headphones.

I really like both setups. Meaty guitars and bass with this combo here, but also more air and resolution with the new DAC. I think I would keep the Modius if I upgrade the Modi Multibit to Bifrost 2.

Jun 17, 2020 at 10:25 PM Post #276 of 941
I haven't fired up the Lyr 3 tonight. I suspect that is the one that would absolutely sing with the BF2, out of my 3 amps. It plays very well with the Modi Multibit and good with Modius.

Jun 17, 2020 at 10:30 PM Post #278 of 941
Are you also in the waiting game for the BF2?
No, not yet anyway. I'm having some car issues that may require more money and want to buy a home in a few months. Although I do hope to get a BF2 later.

Jun 17, 2020 at 10:32 PM Post #280 of 941
Ah, gotcha. Sounds like you have some nice gear for the time being
Thanks, I can't complain too bad. I did get a deal on the Aeolus but my other headphones are all a lot cheaper.

Jun 17, 2020 at 10:40 PM Post #283 of 941
I've got an order in for the BF2. Ordered one week ago, but not it expecting it for potentially several more weeks while they work through their backorder.
I’ve been on the list for maybe a month now. Was stoked to see the modius come through, makes the wait a lot easier.

If people are saying it's a little Yggdrasil, that's pretty wild stuff. Should be a nearly world class DAC for $700.
I’ve heard only very good things. I think I’ll be handing onto the modius as well though, as it holds its own and really made the treble tolerable on the thx789.

Jun 17, 2020 at 10:47 PM Post #284 of 941
I’ve been on the list for maybe a month now. Was stoked to see the modius come through, makes the wait a lot easier.

Do you have a Modius too while waiting for the BF2? I have the Modius but I liked the upgrade so much coming from the Modi that I figured I should take it a step further and just get the Bifrost. Hopefully, I'll be done with DACs after that.

Jun 17, 2020 at 10:48 PM Post #285 of 941
I hope the BF2 would be the last word in DACs for me too. I don't have the space or the money for Yggdrasil, along with other hobbies and what not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back