Schiit Modius discussion - $199 balanced AK4493 DAC
Jun 4, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #17 of 941
Schiit! Just bought an smsl su-8 a week ago and now I'm more interested in this.
lol I just bought the E30. Should have waited a lil longer. Folks at another forum are saying this destroys even the D70s (along with all dacs in this price range) in both measurements and subjective listening.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #18 of 941
I guess the only reason to get the much more expensive Bifrost at this point is the addition of multibit? I'm very much tempted to pair this with my Jotunheim. Even if I can't tell the difference between this and the included balanced DAC module in my Jot, the addition of optical input is a big plus. Plus then I could join all the other delusionals in saying "separates sound better brah"

Jun 4, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #19 of 941
I guess the only reason to get the much more expensive Bifrost at this point is the addition of multibit? I'm very much tempted to pair this with my Jotunheim. Even if I can't tell the difference between this and the included balanced DAC module in my Jot, the addition of optical input is a big plus. Plus then I could join all the other delusionals in saying "separates sound better brah"

Let the hype train overflow you.

Jun 4, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #20 of 941
Jun 4, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #21 of 941
Last edited:
Jun 4, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #23 of 941
What do you think about the Jotunheim? Aside from the power increase and the sound getting just a little bit (and I mean liiiiiiiittle) tidied up I wasn't a big fan of the 789 like everyone else, it just felt colorless and my Magni seemed to have more life to it.
I had the SMSL for a month and thought it was a little on the cool or colorless side. Returned it to buy the jot and definitely like the sound better! Haven't missed the thx at all.

Jun 4, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #24 of 941
Ordered! It will be here Saturday!

Jun 5, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #28 of 941
yeah, they say this sounds fuller, less digital nastiness.
I would agree with this. However my most immediate comparison is with the ADI2, so it would apply there as well. I like this DAC more than one that costs $1k more.

Jun 5, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #30 of 941
Thanks USPS! Supposed to be delivered today instead of Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back