Schiit Modi USB DAC
Mar 2, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #406 of 870
Gotta love them Australian prices
triportsad.gif

http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/product/schiit-audio-modi-dac-magni-headphone-amplifier-combo

Mar 2, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #409 of 870

Holy Schiit! Is all audio gear that expensive there or is it just the American stuff?

Pretty much,
Theres a few things you'll find here at usual RRP like a pair of ATH-M50's which cost the exact same here,
But the only shops that sell half decent headphones and equipment love to jack up the price by literally hundreds of dollars above the RRP,
I saw a pair of AKG Q701's for example, Usually they'd cost around $250 for you guys, Well down here they go for anywhere upwards of $500

Mar 2, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #410 of 870
Pretty much,
Theres a few things you'll find here at usual RRP like a pair of ATH-M50's which cost the exact same here,
But the only shops that sell half decent headphones and equipment love to jack up the price by literally hundreds of dollars above the RRP,
I saw a pair of AKG Q701's for example, Usually they'd cost around $250 for you guys, Well down here they go for anywhere upwards of $500

When the local retailers jack up the prices by that much, are they really doing themselves any favours? Especially in this day and age, wouldn't that just steer people to buy directly from the Internet and have the items shipped to their homes for a fraction of the cost?

Mar 3, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #411 of 870
When the local retailers jack up the prices by that much, are they really doing themselves any favours? Especially in this day and age, wouldn't that just steer people to buy directly from the Internet and have the items shipped to their homes for a fraction of the cost?

One would think that,
Its not like we have much of a choice to shop anywhere else though, 85% of things sold on Amazon dont ship to Australia, and retailers here just plain suck, I tried explaining to the guy that he's asking for double what there worth, He just tried to sell me a pair of beats pro's instead
Thank god I'm moving back to Hong Kong towards the middle of the year

Mar 3, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #412 of 870

One would think that,
Its not like we have much of a choice to shop anywhere else though, 85% of things sold on Amazon dont ship to Australia, and retailers here just plain suck, I tried explaining to the guy that he's asking for double what there worth, He just tried to sell me a pair of beats pro's instead
Thank god I'm moving back to Hong Kong towards the middle of the year

Beats! I'd rather pour glue in my ears and hang it up.

Mar 3, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #414 of 870
  I bit the bullet and ended up buying them, Albiet at a heavily inflated price
They best ship it to me in a golden box considering how much I paid
cool.gif

Don't tell me that you bought the Beats Pro? 
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #415 of 870
Yes I bought the beats pros  
rolleyes.gif

Just Joking, I bought the Schiit stack

Mar 3, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #416 of 870
rolleyes.gif

Does that mean you won't be starting a "Beats Pro Appreciation Thread?" 
tongue.gif

In the end you made a much better choice. I hope you realize that your wallet has just entered "The Twilight Zone" and will be in a hopless death spiral. You'll be hitt'in the kick for some time to come.

Mar 4, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #417 of 870
rolleyes.gif

The suspense! Gotta be careful joking like that around these parts :p

Mar 4, 2014 at 7:30 AM Post #418 of 870
  Does that mean you won't be starting a "Beats Pro Appreciation Thread?" 
tongue.gif

In the end you made a much better choice. I hope you realize that your wallet has just entered "The Twilight Zone" and will be in a hopless death spiral. You'll be hitt'in the kick for some time to come.

Not today im afraid,
Theres no escape once you've been bitten by the audio bug, I best start getting use to living like a poor man again

Mar 4, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #419 of 870

Not today im afraid,
Theres no escape once you've been bitten by the audio bug, I best start getting use to living like a poor man again

Just be careful not to get too carried away and overplay the game of diminishing returns. Otherwise you may be moving to the Never Never.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back